Port replacement

3grlsmom
on 11/10/13 3:47 am

Hi everyone!  I have not been here in YEARS!  All is great with my 5 year old LAPBAND. (10cc band with 5.2 is my sweet spot).   Never a problem.....rarely a "stuck".  Lost 75 lbs. in a year and a half !   and never lost the last 20 lbs.  but  WHO CARES??  Not me....life is GREAT.

My port sticks out too far and bothers me so I am going to get a "low-profile" port next week.  Have any of  US done this?  What are your words of wisdom? 

Karen in NJ

Karen in NJ 

pineview01
on 11/10/13 6:53 am - Davison, MI

I had the low-profile port from the get go.  I carried all my weight in the butt thighs so they could always us it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lisaizme
on 11/11/13 5:40 am - TX

I've talked to my plastic surgeon about changing to a lower profile during my tummy tuck.  He says he can do it, but that the one time he did change it out for someone, it only made about a 1cm difference.  If I still want it done, it will cost an extra 500.00.   I'm still thinking about it.

Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Tiff tells all
on 11/16/13 2:47 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

No advice, but it's great to see you are still doing wonderful. Congrats!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

(deactivated member)
on 11/18/13 11:39 am

I had a low profile port and I have to tell you, mine stuck out like a tumor.  You could clearly see it through my clothes.

Most Active