Month 1 Report

Sammy D.
on 12/3/14 10:55 pm - New Bern, NC
VSG on 11/06/14

Today marks 1 month out from my VSG Surgery. What a ride it has been so far! Surgery itself was uneventful with no complications, I have to say the first 3 days were the worst as far as pain. I honestly felt like I had been run over multiple times by a Mack Truck, after a couple days things improved rapidly. Getting in liquids and protein has really been no issue for me. Figuring out how much I can eat has admittedly been trial and error. It seems there is no set amount of food I can eat. It just depends on what I am eating and it's consistency. Sometimes it's 1/4 cup, sometimes 1/2 cup. Others it's 1.5 oz, sometimes 4 oz. I notice capacity seems less the denser the protein, and less tolerable the drier it is. I have discovered my restriction finally, and yes I do know what it's like to eat too much. Trust me it sucks, and throwing up is not fun. I don't seem to have much problem with sticking with plan, although what the Psych said is so correct. A bite of this or that every once in awhile will not harm a thing and will help kick the dieter mentality we all hate. So far I am having no regrets, only gripe I have which honestly is a good thing as it shows my progress, is the clothes falling off of me and not being able to replace them at this point. I have experienced the "week 3 stall" but I wouldn't call it a stall as much as a slow down. I could list many NSV's I have already seen, but for the sake of not having a absurdly long post I'll just name a few.

1. Much Less Pain - I can get around much better with nowhere near the pain I had preop.

2. I am No Longer Diabetic and off Metformin!

3. I No Longer need BP Meds!

4. The Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease is Resolved!

Certainly I do not regret my decision in the lest, and I already feel better for it. Now onto the numbers...

HW: 478+

Consult: 478

SW: 438

CW: 413

That is 65lbs gone from my HW, and 25lbs since surgery!

To God be all the glory!

HW: 478+ Consult: 478 Pre Op: 453 SW: 438 CW: 293 (7-20-15) GW: 225 LBS Gone: 185

VSG with Dr. T. Ryan Heider at the Center for Surgical Weight Loss at Lake Norman 11-6-14

ACTS 2:38

SUMO96
on 12/4/14 5:12 am - Dorado, Puerto Rico

That's great Sammy.  We have basically had the same experience although with RNY I am not able to eat more than 1/4 cup.  I'm also off my BP meds and the knees feel so much better.  It really feels weird opening one can of sardines and not being able to eat the whole thing.

best of luck and keep up the good work.

RNY 11/7/2014. Pereira, Colombia  HW 375lbs

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

GB1
on 12/4/14 9:52 am

Sammy D,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.  I am still Pre-Op, but read the posts every day for motivation.  I am so glad that you are doing well.  Please continue to let us know how you are doing.

Best of Luck,

G

happytoloose
on 12/9/14 12:15 pm

Right on Sam.

My ride has been a lot like yours . A pound a day or so on average.

But after a stall of 9 days broke, I started shedding 3 or 4 lbs a day on average.

I had a couple of days of near hell after surgery, but it is so worth it now.

Stay on track brother, we will do this together!!

I just started seeing the 300s again. (hurting my arm ,patting myself on the back) lol .

Raze
on 1/2/15 5:39 pm

go sammy, go! woo-hoo! 

Raze
on 1/2/15 5:41 pm

hey, wait. its been over a month since the original post. sammy, where'd you go? 

you've lost so much weight now that we can't see 'ya! 

Most Active
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 28 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 56 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 76 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 105 views