Drinking Problem

smileygirl
on 9/27/05 7:04 am - Everett, DC
I have a serious drinking problem. I had it prior to surgery but quit drinking for about 1 month prior to surgery. I'm only 2 mos out and have already had wine, and lots of it. I'm so worried about myself as I'm having a hard time quitting. It feels so good because it makes me so relaxed. I think I need to get some serious help! I'm so discouraged with myself in regards to the drinking. My weight loss is fantastic, but if I keep drinking it will slow lots besides all the other problems that can go wrong.
Tracee O.
on 9/28/05 12:06 pm - boaz, AL
I FEEL YOUR PAIN, I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!!! I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THIS IS A ROUGH LIFE!!! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT CAN BE LIKE TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE AFTER LOSING WEIGHT!!!!!! I DRANK BEER BEFORE SURGERY, AFTER SURGERY IT IS NOW VODKA. IT'S NOTHING FOR ME TO DRINK A PINT A DAY, OR USUALLY A LITTLE MORE! THIS PAST MOTHER,S DAY I WAS PUT IN JAIL. MY MOTHER IS THE ONE THAT CALLED THE LAW. I TEND TO GET VIOLENT WHEN I DRANK. MY PARTNER CALLED HER AND SHE CAME OVER AND I TRIED TO FIGHT THEM BOTH. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS AROUND 9AM! I WAKE UP DRINKING. THEY BOTH CAME AND GOT ME OUT THE NEXT MORN. THAT OPENED MY EYES ALOT!! BUT, I DID STAY DRUNK FOR THREE DAYS AFTER THAT!!! WELL ANYWAY, I'M ON COURT REFERALL AND THEY TEST FOR ALCOHOL AND DRUGS. I HAVE TO CALL EVERYDAY TO SEE IF THIR CALLING MY COLOR. YOU NEVER KNOW. IF I FAIL I WILL GO BACK TO JAIL AND DO 90 DAYS FOR THE DOMESTIC ABUSE CHARGE. DON'T GET ME WRONG, THIS HAS STILL NOT MADE ME QUIT DRINKING. YOU CAN NORMALLY GET ALCOHOL OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM WITHIN 24 HRS. I'M JUST LUCKY THAT I'M TIMING IT RIGHT. BUT MY LUCK IS GONNA RUN OUT!!! AND I AM JUST SICK AND TIRED OF LIVING THIS WAY!!!!!! I TALKED W/ MY FAMILY DR. LAST WEEK ABOUT A DRUG I FOUND ON THE INTERNET FOR ALCOHOLICS. CAMPRAL. I'VE BEEN TAKING IT FOR A WEEK TODAY. I HAVE'NT DRANK! THE URGE IS STILL THERE. I WANT A DRINK RIGHT NOW. BUT I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE PUTTING THE ENERGY INTO IT. SO MAYBE IT IS HELPING. GOD, I HOPE SO!! THERE IS A NEWER MED THAT HAS COME OUT AND IF THIS MED DON'T WORK WELL, THEN THE DR. WANTS TO TRY ME ON IT. IT IS AN INJECTION THAT YOU GET ONCE A MONTH I BELIEVE. I'M TO THE POINT THAT I AM JUST DESPERATE FOR HELP. ANYWAY, I'VE GOT TO GET OFF THE ALCOHOL SUBJECT NOW. GOOD LUCK!! NO ONE CAN DO THIS FOR US. ONLY WE CAN TURN DOWN THE DRINK. PRAY FOR ME AS I WILL FOR YOU. STAY SOBER.
cathkitty
on 10/1/05 3:02 pm - Everett, WA
call me 4252679516
Tracee O.
on 10/3/05 5:13 am - boaz, AL
HELLO CATHY, HOW ARE YOU. THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN! YOU CAN E MAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO. HAVE A GOOD DAY! TRACEE
smileygirl
on 10/2/05 5:31 am - Everett, DC
Sounds like your life is turning upside down honey. I really wish you all the best and I certainly hope the drug works for you. I would like to know the name of the second drug you are talking about. Also, I can so relate on the addiction. I'm just lost. I don't feel the urge to drink all the time and I don't drink all the time, I just seem to feel better when I do. I really wish for the both of us to get this under control. I need to do something soon. Have you had any health problems due to drinking after surgery? I can't believe I'm drinking after surgery. I feel like a idiot. Write back if you want to chat. Take good care.
Tracee O.
on 10/2/05 8:02 pm - boaz, AL
HEY, HOW ARE YOU SMILEY GIRL? I STILL HAVEN'T HAD A DRINK, WHICH IS WONDERFUL FOR ME! I REALLY CAN'T TELL IF IT'S THE CAMPRAL I'M TAKING OR I'M JUST SO SICK AND TIRED OF PUTTING IN THE ENERGY IT TAKES TO GET IT, TO HIDE IT, AND TO DRINK IT,THE PROBLEMS IT CAUSES (FIGHTS), JUST EVERYTHING!!!! SO FAR I'VE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS SHOW UP. MY FAMILY DR. DID A LIVER PROFILE AND SOME OTHER TESTS THE OTHER DAY WHEN HE PUT ME ON THE CAMPRAL, DUE TO WLS WE REALLY HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WITH OUR LIVER, AMONG OTHER THINGS. OH, AND ABOUT THE OTHER DRUG? MY PARTNER HAS THE PAPER ABOUT IT PUT UP SOMEWHERE, BUT I'M PRETTY SURE IT STARTS WITH A ''V''. THAT IS THE ONE THAT IS GIVEN BY INJECTION. DR. SAYS IF WE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS WITH THE CAMPRAL, THEN HE'LL START ME ON THAT!!! I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THAT PAPER BUT WHEN MARLO GETS HOME I'LL TRY TO POST. THANKS FOR CHATTING AND STAY SOBER!
cathkitty
on 10/3/05 3:12 am - Everett, WA
Hey Tracee! I'm sooo happy to hear that you have not had a drink!!! That is wonderful news!! It makes me smile. I can't say that I've not had a drink because I drank last night, but I sure would like to stop. I'm tired of feeling hung over and guilty for drinking. I need to talk to my doctor about getting on Campral. It sounds like it's working for you. Again, I'm really very happy for you. Stay sober!..and feel free to email anytime.
smileygirl
on 10/3/05 5:19 am - Everett, DC
That is so awesome that you haven't had a drink! Congrats! I need to talk to my doctor and see if I can get on that medication. I'm tired of worrying about my health and feeling hung over, guilty, etc. etc. It's draining and I don't want to live my life like that. Take good care!! Again, congrats on staying sober!!!
jojo
on 10/4/05 4:49 am - ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL
Girls I'm very glad that you realize that you have a problem and are going to great lengths to change the outcome. I'm proud of you both. addicition can be hard to over come weather it's food, alcohol or your own demon. Keep up the good work joanne
piper
on 9/11/09 6:14 am
The injectable drug is call Vivitrol. It stays in your system for 30 days and helps with not only cravings, but if you did slip and drink the effect of the alcohol is blocked in your brain so that you don't get drunk. The pill form of this drug is Naltrexone. Usually you try the Naltrexone first for a week and then they give you the shot. I am getting my shot next Friday. It really helps calm down the cravings and the obsessive thoughts about alcohol. Go to this website and educate yourself on this drug. www.vivitrol.com.  This drug is nothing to fool around with because if you drink on it you can cause yourself serious liver damage. It's just a pill that can help you along while you also get counseling.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 711 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 699 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 922 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1627 views