OT--Pizza soup

Joyce J.
on 3/28/11 2:02 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi all

Last week I asked for the pizza soup recipe. I love to try new things as long as they don't have a ton of ingredients "a dash of this or a dash of that" that I never have in my apt.

I put the ingredients in the crock pot. I was just experimenting actually to see how it was. My boyfriend was over and asked what I was cooking. I told him I was just experimenting, that I was actually going to order something for dinner.
Well an hour later and the smell was delicious all through the apartment, we were both saying how wonderful it smelled. Well it tasted wonderful too if I do say so myself. That's what we had for dinner. Yummy, and I have some in the freezer for another 3 meals :-)

Take care
Have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

prdmomof3
on 3/28/11 2:07 am - Canada
can u share the recipe please?

Joyce J.
on 3/28/11 2:09 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hopefully I have copied and pasted properly LOL

Pizza Soup
  1 Tblsp butter
1 large onion, chopped
garlic...lots!!
Italian seasoning...to taste (I prob used at least a Tblsp)
10 Italian Turkey sausage, cut up
1 small bag Butterball Turkey Pepperoni (comes sliced already)
5 oz ham, chopped up
3 cans of mushrooms or 3 cups fresh, sliced
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 large can spaghetti sauce (I use the cheap stuff)
2 C. chicken or beef stock (I use chicken)
3/4 c. green olives sliced

Cook the onion and garlic in butter with italian seasoning in a large pot (like a soup or stock pot). Add sausage and coo****il no longer pink. Add pepperoni and ham and coo****il warm. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes or so. Serve with mozzaralla cheese on top.

Per cup...167 calories, 5.8 gr fat, 8.3 gr carbs and 16 gr protein (not including the cheese). Makes approx 18 - 20 cups

You can add any vegetables that you want...most people would probably add peppers, but I am allergic so none for me. You can leave out the olives but I love them so I added them. Pretty much put in anything that you like on pizza ;)

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Lil-Stinker
on 3/28/11 2:58 am
My kids loved this recipe too - and I have a container of it here at work in the fridge.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
prdmomof3
on 3/28/11 3:57 am - Canada
Mmmmm I am gonna write this down and try it in the future cause right now I am on a yummy diet of opitfast..so yummy..not! lol

thanks for sharing!

Karen M.
on 3/28/11 4:30 am - Mississauga, Canada
That recipe, and many other delish dishes are on our group recipe forum.  You should check it out!  The link is in my signature. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

honourh
on 3/28/11 10:24 am - BARRIE, Canada
I am so glad that you like it...and it freezes really well too.  I made one a few weeks ago to be like a cheeseburger pizza...so it had sausage, ground beef, pepperroni, bacon and onion in it and I sprinkled cheddar cheese on it...YUM!!!
~ Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become ~        

Consult  254.8lbs  Surg.  220lbs NUT Goal 140lbs
  My Goal 127lbs   REACHED!!                
Most Active
Recent Topics