When do the changes show

Wlxtn
on 8/11/11 9:48 am - Orillia, Canada
I'm just curious - at 3 weeks post op - when I look at myself I don't feel like I've lost weight. I haven't stepped on a scale yet but I thought I would spot something different. Maybe I'm just waiting for an overnight sensation to occur - am I?
Wendy Luxton    
Gabygee
on 8/11/11 10:06 am - Canada
Oh Wendy - I can't wait to read your posts over the next couple of weeks.

It's going to be so much fun to read about your delight in the new milestones you're going to tick off.

The changes started to happen for at about week three. First there was the dreaded three-week stall.
Then they really accelerated at about week 5.
I'm now four months out, and none of my friends or coworkers can believe what's happened to my body.

In fact, several people flat-out don't believe that I (still) a size sixteen - they believe I must be approaching a size 12 becasue the difference is so obvious.
(That's very sweet, but I know the truth.)

Just you wait my girl - it's going to be clear to you in about a week, that you've lost s lot - and it'll be your clothes that will tell the tale.

liza ..
on 8/11/11 10:09 am - Canada
Usually it's hard to spot the difference early on.
Best way to tell is having a before picture and comparing it how you look now.
You'll probably see the biggest difference after 1-2 months.
sweetvania
on 8/11/11 10:16 am - mississauga, Canada
with me i found that other people were noticing it first which is always wonderful!!! pretty soon u will have many NSVs that you will definantly appreciate it trust me the changes are happening even if you cant see or feel them they are there and u should see them soon i am sure you are doing well keep it up girl!!!
RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
Megan M.
on 8/11/11 10:17 am - Canada
Sometimes it depends on how big you are to start with.  The bigger you are the more you'll lose before it's "noticeable."  I've lost 33 pounds since optifast, and others are noticing (in fact, I ran into one of our teachers this afternoon and she looked at me ****eyed and said "you look tiny")  But remember, others are going to see it before you do.  Just keep on keeping on, and one day you'll move too fast and your pants will be around your knees.  Then you'll know for sure!!!  LOL!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Moselle
on 8/11/11 10:20 am - Athens, Canada
Anyday now your are going to notice that something that used to fit tight is looser. Hang on tight because once you start to notice the changes they just seem to be happening all  the time.

Enjoy the success and keep us posted.
Monica M.
on 8/11/11 12:15 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
You will tell by the way your clothes fit (especially pants). You may not be able to see changes, but people close to you will. Take pictures.For a long time, i didnt notice changes, by looking, i had to look for other clues like my cothes fitting differently. I see most of the chagnesin my face. I dont notice my belly changing as much.

good for you, for not getting on a scale, i wish i could do that. I'm doing pretty good and only getting on once a week.

mom4life
on 8/11/11 9:04 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
Ditto what they ^ said!

I remember saying to one of my colleagues that I couldn't really see a difference in myself even though my scale said I was down about 40 or 50 lbs or so...then she emailed me a picture of myself cropped from the previous year's staff group photo.  I created a page with the two pictures side by side, and was flabbergasted.  She actually said to me "See the difference now?"  I was shocked, because I could see it, but not until that second.  This exercise is worth doing...EVERY single time you start to falter or doubt that it's working...or in a stall when you get discouraged.

Second like previous posters also said, the change in how your clothes fit.  Value Village is my friend!  You will start to go through sizes so quickly that for me (frugal as I am) buying new just wasn't an option.  My advice, buy your new items tight, cause they won't be for long.  If you see something you like, but it's a size or two (or three) too small, buy it anyway, it will fit before you know it!

Good luck on your journey!   You are going to do awesome!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Wlxtn
on 8/12/11 3:24 am - Orillia, Canada
Thank You so much everyone for your words of encouragement. I did notice last night that my PJ shirt was not as tight. I'll keep taking pics and then I will send them to my kids who haven't seen me in a couple of months. I will use them as encouragement.
I don't know why but I was getting a little down of myself and you have all picked my spirits up again.

Thanks
Wendy Luxton    
Most Active
Recent Topics