NSV - Penningtons

Chickenboob
on 8/26/11 6:17 am - Rockland, Canada
I am going back to work next  week and my favourite black pants look a little MC hammer on me. So because I don't want some smart asses saying "you can't touch this!" to me, I thought I would go see what Pennigntons has. My scale wasn't moving and the nubmer 1 suggestion here was relax, put it away and focus on NSVs!

But I am also worried about transfer addiction to shopping.... usually when I go in there, I spend $300-$400 dollars, but it is usually only once or twice a year, so I am ok with that. Anyhow. I was nosing around, annoyed that some lady who is the same size has gone around an bought all the petite pants. Then I clued in that I need a smaller size. I found lots of things that I loved, including an $80 dress that is fabulous on me and in a 2x rather than a 4X. Super yay! but I resisted and in the end bought the 2 things I needed: a pair of jeans and a pair of black pants that were marked down to 10$.

So I spent $23 dollars including tax. I didn't succumb to temptation, but I may go back and buy the dress with my birthday money.... tee hee hee.

So scale.... you haven't moved in 3 weeks...but I have..... I have been walking and having fun.....you want to rain on my parade? well I have a rain coat........ I didn't used to fit it but now I do...How'd you like them apples??

LOL!

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

JJ_
on 8/26/11 6:30 am
 Wow those are some GREAT apples!  Congratulations.

Judy

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 6:36 am - Canada
Wow! Good bargains! I usually spend $3-400 there too but the past few years I couldn't fit into their largest size. Now I'm a 4X! I'm planning a shopping trip next week when I get paid. I desperately need new clothes. I went from size 32/34 to 26/28.
Chickenboob
on 8/26/11 8:25 am - Rockland, Canada
Simona,

We had the same surgeon! Where are you located.... I can go through my stuff and give you some 4x/28 stuff if you are close by! I'm in the ottawa area.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

stewartjackie
on 8/26/11 6:52 am - Pickering, Canada
 Wow, what a great attitude you have! You have control and you are going to win this battle of the addictions and the bulge LOL. How great it must feel to have succeeded so well in your shopping trip.
Take care
Jackie

Tanya T.
on 8/26/11 7:11 am
I am also going back to work next week and I am hitting up value village Monday night for their 50% off sale. 

Tanya

StevesGal
on 8/26/11 7:29 am - Hamilton, Canada
Well done!  It's not all about the scale, is it.

I haven't gone back into Pennington's to shop yet.  Been living off my old summer clothes from years gone by.  But I did go to ValVil this week and got several pairs of jeans and pants for about $35.

I have a friend (my DS and DD's former teacher, actually) who works at Pennington's P/T.  I told her that, one night, I'm going to come in and try on everything, only to find it doesn't fit anymore!  Then I'm going to cry in her arms!  Tears of joy, of course!!

Tanya, if you're planning on doing ValVil on Monday, I wouldn't wait until Monday night - the good stuff goes quickly on the 50% off sale days.  They open at 9am.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Chickenboob
on 8/26/11 8:28 am - Rockland, Canada
Thanks ladies,

I had such a pity party the other day on the main board. A moment of frustration, but that is gone, I know I am not alone in looking to the scale for validation. but seriously a 2x and it looked good. I think I will go back and get it, if only because I felt so pretty in it. It will last quite a while, I think as it is stretchy.

Monica M.
on 8/26/11 8:40 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
nice apples!!

Effie42
on 8/26/11 8:46 am - Brooklin, Canada
That's awesome news for you!!! I would suggest getting some leggings. As you are losing weight you would at least have some pants that will kind of shrink with you and oversized tops always look good with leggings and flats. Just to get by. I got some at Walmart last weekend while they were on for $7

Happy Long Weekend
Krista
Most Active
Recent Topics