Disappointed with this...

Sabrina T.
on 10/25/11 2:58 am - Orillia, Canada

Last night I posted a message about how I was struggling with Optifast.

I am shocked and dissapointed at the replies I recieved.

For you that have been through this, Shame on you!!!!!

I wasn't looking for a lecture, maybe just a

"you can do it!"

Brenda T.
on 10/25/11 3:05 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Well you can do it!!! (I'm not there yet, easy for me to say lol)
But I think people can say what they want because after all it is put out there.... right. Take the reponses that apply to how you meant it and leave the rest.
You will do great and I will need your encouragement when it's my turn.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Karen M.
on 10/25/11 3:06 am - Mississauga, Canada
Oh.  Well then.

"you can do it!"

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 10/25/11 3:08 am, edited 10/25/11 3:09 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I can't speak for anyone else, but i didnt see the message, and i dont see it now.

That's too bad that you're struggling. What specifically are your struggles? the taste? overwhelming hunger?

It's so difficult, but it really is an excellent time to work on recognizing what is real hunger, learning from yourself that you really can do this.

Distraction techniques are good to practice, if hunger is your problem.

Take care of yourself, get lots of rest, all that sort of stuff.

Don't take it personally, if you don't get lots of answers to your questions. Some days are better than others, for gettting responses on here. Sometimes there are a lot of the same type of questions, and, honestly, it gets tiring answering the same question over and over again.

Best of luck.

You REALLY CAN do this!!!!

oh, and if you're feeling up to it, the Barrie Support group meets November 20. Also, we're having a coffee night in Orillia on November 3rd, at a Timmies. I can't remember the location right now, but if you want to come, send me a message.

MrsJButler
on 10/25/11 3:08 am - Canada
I missed the post but YOU CAN DO IT, I had to do 17 days and it wasnt my favorite thing in the world but I just kept saying things like "do I want to cheat and fail, or do I want to forgot the urge and succeed" the fear of cheating also got to me lol I think thats what they are hoping for jk. good luck and if you need someone to talk to Iv been through it and can try to help in any way. Just add me, I also blog about everything so things you may have to still go through might be in there. GOOD LUCK!
Sabrina T.
on 10/25/11 3:08 am - Orillia, Canada
Brenda,   I will totally support and encourage you!

Gwen Boldick
on 10/25/11 3:17 am - Canada
i was on it for four weeks....some people like it and some people dont....i was one of them who love it.....meaning i put decafe coffee in it and it taste like ice cap from timmy......you can do this and in the end you will be happy after seeing the weight you are losing......i am sure you will be great after surgery and a positive attitude helps alot....i wish you all the best and keep going....some people on here  who have a had this done sometimes forget they were in your shoes to....
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/11 3:11 am - Canada
Optifast sucks ass big time! 

I didnt read yesterday's post but YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! 

I did if for 4 weeks and it seemed like it was a waste of time - I lost only 10lbs and my liver didnt shrink. 

I agree with Monica on the distraction techniques - try and find something, anything to take your mind off the hunger.   My social worker recommended no****ching TV though [too many food commercials]. 

Best of luck...not only with the remaining time on Opti, but with the upcoming surgery.
maxlake
on 10/25/11 3:16 am - Canada
 Well Sabrina, I can't help you with your struggle but this is how I am preparing for my optifast, which starts tomorrow morning.  I have made 4 different flavours of sugar free jello, bought tons of sugar free flavoured water, sent hubby to 4 stores till he found me no sugar added popcicles.. Made a baggies of frozen decaff coffee for adding to my optifast, and I keep reading the posts on this forum for any other help i can use.  How long have you to go?  Mabe we can help each other!!  Good Luck....I know we will both do it.  Joyce

MrsJButler
on 10/25/11 3:24 am - Canada
 way to be prepared! I am like this as well. Keep up the great work!

Refferal Sent-Dec 15th 2010 SURGERY DAY-OCTOBER 19TH 2011 Contact me at https://www.facebook.com/groups/234277683300118/ if you are going through St. Joes Hamilton and I'll hook you up with our AMAZING Hamilton only private Facebook group :)

Most Active
Recent Topics