What a ride---Off topic totally

Joyce J.
on 11/1/11 2:49 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi all,

Wow it has been awhile since I have been on here.

Where do I begin? I had two weeks vacation, thought about going away with a friend, but then we decided we would stay here and just find some fun things to do.....................................
Well, halfway into my first week of vacation I started to feel a bit ill thinking I had a bladder infection went to the Doctor and he gave me a prescription.
Two days later I was in agonizing pain(for me a hang nail seems agonizing so I thought I was exaggerating and not sick enough to go to the hospital.

Oct 16 I couldn't take it anymore and went to the hospital. I had a swollen kidney and a bad kidney infection. The antibiotics I got from my Doctor were not helping.
I had a cat scan, was put on IV, had blood and urine tests and they decided to keep me "overnight". Eight days later I got to go home still with IV antibiotics for another week.
My 2 week vacation turned into 3 weeks of Hell LOL.

I have never been in so much pain in my life. I am even told by people who have given birth that kidney pain is even worse than that .

This was the longest I have ever had to stay in hospital. It was horrible. The staff, Doctors, Nurses etc were wonderful. I was so glad to get home and even more glad to get rid of the IV this past Saturday.
So glad we decided not to go away. I would have ended up in hospital in some foreign country LOL

Apparently the kidney infection they believe to have been caused by some medications that I take.
We are all told no NSAIDS after RNY, but I was told by a Bariatric surgeon that after being few years out it is ok as long as we take an acid reducer for the stomach.
Well no more NSAIDS for this girl. Apparently the kidneys do not filter them well enough
The other medication is Lithium that I have been on since 1995, but they told me I can keep taking that but to have my kidney levels checked often. Lithium is a difficult drug to replace, so they were thinking it may take time to find something suitable and since I need to be on it they didn't want me to have issues while they found something else
I already have my blood checked every 3 months to check the liver levels, but apparently kidney levels are just as important.

Well, I am back at work. I got a fungal infection in my mouth from all the different antibiotics while I was in the hospital. I thought it went away, but appears to still be there, so back to the Doc this morning for more drugs.....................................................
Back on thurs for a follow up to everything .
I have had more health issues since Jan of this year than I have had probably in 5 years LOL
Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Just wanted to update.

Hope everyone else is well.
I can get back to reading posts and responding now

Have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Karen M.
on 11/1/11 2:57 am - Mississauga, Canada
Holy ****e, Joyce!  I've been wondering where the hell you've been.  You poor thing!  SO glad to hear that you're on the mend and doing better!  HUGE hugs! xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

look_out_world
on 11/1/11 3:34 am - Canada
 Geeeez Joyce you've been through so much!!!   Hopefully the worst is over and your future check-ups keep things under control!!!  

tango123
on 11/1/11 7:14 am
Wow that is one hell of a ride ans you still sound perky! Glad you are on the mend! Keep us updated!
JJ_
on 11/1/11 7:59 am
Ouch, ouch, ouch.....I bet they had great drugs like morphine for the kidney pain. 

So sorry to hear you have been having SO MANY issues.

Judy
Joyce J.
on 11/1/11 11:19 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Judy

Unfortunately they only gave me tylenol LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Joy D.
on 11/1/11 8:57 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Wow !!! i  wish you well and speedy recovery.

Take care of you and is always good to see ur Doc at least once a month, i do weather he likes it of not but sure keeps him on his toes and up to date with my process.

All the best,

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics