5 Day Pouch Test Mon Jan 30

Joyce J.
on 1/26/12 10:43 pm, edited 1/26/12 10:44 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi all,
I know a few people had wanted to do the 5 day pouch test next week. I didn't hear from too many people yesterday when I posted. Maybe you chickened out LOL
I know Leanne is starting tomorrow. Sat is a really hard day for me to start
I will be trying this. I have made my feelings clear LOL, to me this is like one of those fad diets we use to do, but in my case I know it will cut my carb cravings and get me back on track

I am putting the link here, probably won't work, you will have to put it in your browser or just google Kaye Bailey 5 day pouch test.

I will put up a thread on monday to see if anyone is in with me or not.

5 day pouch test kind of goes like this
Day 1 and 2 liquid protein(protein shakes or drinks, broth or cream soups, sf jello or puddings etc)

Day 3
Soft protein(canned fish, eggs, fresh soft fish)

Day 4
Firm protein(ground meat, scallops, lobster, salmon, or halibut steaks)

Day 5
Solid protein(white meat poultry, beef steak)

You can read the website for more info
http://5daypouchtest.com/Kaye/KayeBailey.html

No drinking with meals, up to half an hour after eating

Lets see how it goes

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Karen M.
on 1/26/12 10:54 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Hmmm... I might be interested Joyce.  Let me see how organized (or not) I can get myself over the weekend and I'll let you know. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Joyce J.
on 1/26/12 11:00 pm - Scarborough, Canada
HI Karen

Ya I hear ya on the organization.

I will post on Monday to see who is in and we can try and keep ourselves on track.
I just really need to do this. Since Christmas I have added way too many carbs into my diet, and just haven't felt good physically the past couple of weeks, bloated and gassy.............
So we will see how it goes
Have a great week end

jan32
on 1/26/12 11:26 pm
 this is day 5 for me...the first few days of liquids were hard!  I am still craving carbs but realize how carb sensitive I am has I have lost over 8lbs since Monday by not eating it!  lets hope it stays off... and I stay away from those pesky carbs
Joyce J.
on 1/26/12 11:55 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Jan
Good for you. You have done well. The first couple of days are hard. Did you have other things besides shakes?

Great job
Hope we can all do as well next week

jan32
on 1/27/12 12:02 am
 the first 2 days consisted of the following:
shake for breakfast, lunch, broth for supper on day 1, cream of soup on day 2 and a shake for an evening snack...plus at least 2 litres of herbal tea/water
Megan M.
on 1/26/12 11:36 pm - Canada
At what point would someone do this?  I am 6 months out and have only lost 4 pounds since Christmas - should I try this?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Leanne1
on 1/26/12 11:52 pm - Newmarket, Canada
How many carbs are you eating in a day?
Are you tracking? What does your menu look like?
Megan M.
on 1/27/12 2:03 am - Canada
I don't think I eat too many carbs, but you never know.  They can creep in mysteriously.

Breakfast protein shake with 1/2 banana, 1/2 c. 1% milk, sometimes I add greek yogurt or cottage cheese, and sometimes a tablespoon of peanut butter as well.

Snack: some type of cracker (thin crisps, ryvita) less than 100 cals/serving, with 1-2T hummus, or some cheese (perhaps I'm having more crackers than I realize (mindless consumption??)

Lunch:  leftover supper from previous night - meat, veg, small amount, about 1/4 c. or less, of rice or potato or noodle - can only handle around 1/2 - 3/4 c. of solid food like this

Snack:  don't always have one, but might have a protein kooler at about 90 cals, and sometimes some fruit or crackers

Supper:  meat, veg, very small amount of potato or rice (usually about 2T)

Snack:  might have some nuts, or a 25 cal hot chocolate

This is fairly typical, but it does vary depending on the day and whatever leftover we have.  I have been tracking, and I seldom go over 800 cals/day.  I try to get enough fluids, but don't think I always manage it.

I walk 2-3 miles/day, except weekends, and I do strength training for 45 minutes twice/week.

If it's too early for me, then I won't do this.  My body is probably just recovering from the shock of the past 6 months.  I'm not worried that my losing days are over, but I just really want the scale to move!!  As do we all!

I'm going to pay greater attention to my choices to make sure that I'm tracking properly.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Joyce J.
on 1/27/12 3:41 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Megan

Sounds like you are doing well with your food. Do you know how many grams of protein you are getting in?

I'm certainly no expert LOL so if you want to join us next week and see if it helps feel free

Take care

Most Active
Recent Topics