Brand new and lurking :)

RazzBJam
on 8/19/12 9:28 am - Canada
Let me introduce myself, I am Cindy,36 yrs old,  from Northern Ontario,and I have been overweight merely my whole life.  I have tried many diets throughout the years and seem to always gain the weight back.  I have 3 younger kids and a very supportive husband.  I have been brought up to always finish my plate even if I wasn't hungry.  I am definitively not bringing up my children that way, so yes I have broken the cycle.  Although, I find myself difficult to take that same approach.  I have been researching gastric bypass for merely 2 years and I have finally come to the conclusion that this could work for me!  I need to be there for my family now and later on!  I haven't gone to my GP yet but will make an appointment to see him for him to give me a referral.

With all that said, I have been following for awhile on this forum but never registered, so yet, I was lurking on all of you! :)  But now I find it the time to actually introduce myself.  I have learned alot on here from all of you by your experiences and questions.  I am greatful to have found this site!

I really would love to hear about all your experiences or any info you might have to help me thru this journey!
Janet13
on 8/19/12 9:31 am - Toronto, Canada
Welcome to the forum Cindy. You will find tons of information here. Best of luck on your journey.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

TBIYTC
on 8/19/12 9:46 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Welcome, I hope all goes smoothly with your GP.  Good luck!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Heathergetbetter
on 8/19/12 9:52 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12
Hi and welcome Cindy. I'm glad you found us.  Bypass surgery is something I do not regret, only wish I'd had it sooner. Be prepared for a wait  (mine was 2 years because my file was lost).

Good for you for deciding to make a change for the future.
Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
RazzBJam
on 8/19/12 9:58 am - Canada
Them losing the file, is that something that happens often?  How come some people have over 1 yr waiting before surgery and some are 6 mths??  I am expecting a year wait but I would be surprised if it is sooner.  :)
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/12 3:28 am, edited 8/19/12 3:29 am - Straford, Canada
 Hello Cindy and welcome!  Wait times vary from centre to centre, each place has a different number of surgeons, surgical staff and OR time available to them for bariatric procedures.  Each place requires a slightly different number of meetings/classes and again the wait time for each depends upon the number of staff and the number of folks exploring/waiting for weight loss surgey (wls). Relax and enjoy the ride, making sure your waiting time for each step is within acceptable times and you are "in line".  You find this out by asking the staff you're meeting with and finding some folks here you can ask, who went threw your centre before you.

I was waiting almost ten years for Halifax when I moved to Ontario (unrelated to wls) and the process took about two years from first talking with a GP to the wls date. I had some sleep studies and heart/EKG issues they needed investigated before my process continued.   It went quickly though and I am now lighter after three monthes than I have been in three decades (yea I'm an old fart).  

Regards, Ian
Donna E.
on 8/19/12 12:45 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 08/16/12
I went through TWH and had to be 100% smokke free for 6 months. I had 1 cigeratte after being smoke free for 2 months, and had to restart my 6 months again. I find this forum very helpful. I view it several times a day and find some of the answers that I was wondering about.  Good Luck with your process.  

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/12 12:50 pm
Welcome Cindy. I'm also from Northern Ontario. If you are referred to Sudbury as I was, then the wait is about a year from referral to surgery or at least it is right now. The first people that were referred there last fall are just starting to go for surgery in September.
BluEyedCin
on 8/19/12 9:57 am, edited 8/19/12 9:57 am
WELCOME  Cindy...I am Cindy too..also from Northern Ontario!

If you are interested in a support group for us Northerns to get support along with this one...click the link in my signature!

ARE YOU FROM NORTHERN ONTARIO

IF SO EMAIL ME AT

[email protected]

SURGERY DEC 3 2012

gardeninggal
on 8/19/12 6:16 pm - Midland, Canada
 Hello Cindy and welcome!

Talk about support.....it is all right here.  Best wishes on your journey

Nancy
(I am an old fart too lol)

Most Active
Recent Topics