1 year out, with pic

Sirene
on 10/23/12 12:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
So I am one year out.
Wow.....I really never thought I would ever get here!!

to commemorate the day, I made a list of things I can do now that I couldn't before. Here it is.

RUN!!!
I ran 11kms this morning in 1hr and 15 minutes.

Tie and/or buckle my shoes
I used to think my arms were too short to do this properly. Turns out my belly was just in the way.

Shop
I never liked shopping. I hated trying stuff on. It was so depressing!! I am still not very good at this one but I am definitely getting better. I went into Sportchek the other day and bought myself running pants....size medium....without even trying them on! Yes ok, I panicked all the way home thinking they were going to be too small....but they weren't and in that one brave moment in the store, I defied the voice in my head and just went for it!

Eat alone in public
I would have NEVER dreamed of eating alone in a public place before for fear that everyone was watching the 'fat chick' to see what she was eating. Now, it doesn't much bother me because in all honesty, I don't even think anyone notices!

Play
I play outside with the kids. My kids are older, so its not the same as when they were little and going to the park with them. This is playing volleyball in the yard or basketball at the park. I played hockey for the first time! I even played volleyball at work!

Laundry
I know this seems like an odd thing, but for anyone who has their laundry machines in the basement of their house or apartment, you know exactly what I am talking about here. Running up and down the stairs several times a day with a basket of clothes on your hip used to put  my out of commission for days! Now, I can even do laundry on the days when I do my long runs! I have teenage boys and a diva daughter too so we're not talking about 1 or 2 loads here. I am talking like 10 or more!!

Talk to strangers
Not something I would advocate for anyone under 12, however talking to random people in the grocery line or at Girl Guides chatting with the other moms...I used to be so afraid and wanted to get in and out as fast as possible in the hopes that nobody would notice me.

and finally...this is me, before and after. At 291 lbs and at 178 lbs.

Jennifer  

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/12 12:52 am - Straford, Canada
 Inspiring stories!  You look fabulous!  
Sirene
on 10/24/12 2:39 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks!

Jennifer  

chipmunk_roasting
on 10/23/12 12:52 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
You look (and *are*) wonderful -- congratulations on all your hard work. 

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Sirene
on 10/24/12 2:40 am - Ottawa, Canada
aaawww thanks!!!

Jennifer  

niceeyes72
on 10/23/12 12:56 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12
that is an awesome post Jennifer!!
Thank you for sharing the list and photos!! You look fantastic!!!
 Today is 7 months for me!! 

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Sirene
on 10/24/12 2:41 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks! and awesome for you. Good luck on your journey!

Jennifer  

Karen M.
on 10/23/12 12:59 am - Mississauga, Canada
WOW!  You've done incredibly well and yoiu look fabulous.  HUGE congrats and Happy Surgiversary to you!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sirene
on 10/24/12 2:41 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Karen!!

Jennifer  

shrinkingeve
on 10/23/12 12:59 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
 This is a great story and you look absolutely amazing! 
Most Active
Recent Topics