Question about beer!

BrigitteD
on 12/4/12 10:14 pm - Sumerstown, Canada

So the other day I had 4 beer was ok physically  But the scale went up 5 pounds since. Is it fa****er retention, what the hell did I do to myself.  Is this temporary or did I really gain 5 ponds.  I knew that beer is fatning but I thought over a certain period of time.  Did not imagine 4 beers=5 pounds!  Any advice or knoaledge on the matter!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

nata
on 12/4/12 10:28 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Four beer? seriously? at what... 6-7 months out? No comments. OK, yes comments - it's OK, keep doing it, your liver liked it and regain will LOVE it even more. great job!

Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/12 11:03 pm - pickering, Canada

How is his comment helpful? 

nata
on 12/4/12 11:10 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Helpful? no way! four beers at 7 months out don't call for help, but for sarcasm.

Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/12 11:10 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You want the truth as to how it's helpful?  Because this person needs a wake up call and a reality check is why it's helpful.  That is a huge amount of alcohol to be drinking and she needs to realize that. Some people prefer to coddle and others prefer to shoot from the hip.  What Nata said is exactly helpful and accurate but not sugar coated.

ToNewBeginnings
on 12/5/12 12:51 am

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/12 3:08 am - pickering, Canada

The truth is always helpful. But the *****y comments are not. 

Karen M.
on 12/5/12 3:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh come on... there were no "*****y" comments.  I would know.  I'm a ***** lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/12 3:11 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

*****iness is all about perception.  I haven't seen any *****y comments to the OP but I find your comments *****y.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/12 3:21 am - pickering, Canada

So you can honestly say that Nata's comment was appropriate? It wasn't. This is my second run in with all three of you. It's so refreshing to know that beings "veterans" means you have never made an error in judgement.  Bravo ladies.

There is a way to give advice that is helpful without being rude. Read the comments on this thread, I am not the only one who thought the comments were rude. I don't know how you speak to people in your "real lives" but I hope it's better than the way you speak to some people on this forum. 

Most Active
Recent Topics