Feeling so weak and dizzy...

fxygal
on 1/9/13 4:51 am

I had surgery on  Dec 19th and had been walking, drinking and eating for what seems to be my entire day. I'm up to 90-100g of protein and 600-700 calories a day including 2 protein shakes. My problem is I feel so  incredibly weak and tired. It started last wednesday I woke up and felt so tired I went back to bed ended up staying there all day. since then its getting worst day by day. Im still forcing myself to walk on the treadmill but today I feel do weak that Im afraid I will fall off of it. Ive spoken to Dr Aarts and am seeing her on friday and im also going to my family doc for stat blood work. Has anyone else felt this way or have any insight on what this could be? 

oct'12 - 230lbs, pre opti - 219, post opti - 209

Patm
on 1/9/13 4:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

About three weeks after surgery I had a week of sleeping. I was just too tired to do anything. It is really good you are seeing the doctor and having blood work. Stay off the treadmill until you feel better. A fall would be worse.

Chanelle1022
on 1/9/13 5:03 am
Drink as much water as possible and slow it down when it comes to walking.

I was not so much tires the first two weeks but i am 2 1/2 weeks in and am now taking 3 hour naps a day!

I hope it gets better!!

referral: October 18,2011 orientation: January 6,2012 np: July 11,2012
abdominal u/s: August 8,2012 psych: August 16,2012 nut/behav: August 27,2012
endoscopy: September 28,2012 follow up with dietician:October 1st,2012 surgery class:9 am, October 31,2012 meet the surgeon:November 13th,2012 Optifast start: Dec 3rd, 2012SURGERY by Dr. Yelle : December 24! 

mermaidz
on 1/9/13 5:58 am - Brampton, Canada

Drink.. sleep... and then drink some more

I'm from the old school-your body is talking to you

LISTEN to it.... There is no race from here so if you're too tired just sleep

Glad you're getting stat blood work done and seeing Dr Aarts Friday

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

P_Floyd
on 1/9/13 6:06 am - Canada

I would lay off the treadmill for the time being. Make sure you're getting your vitamins in and extra B12. I would see to those blood tests pronto so they can check if you're deficient in something that may be the cause of your lack of energy. You need to recuperate from your major surgery and it affects each person uniquely. It takes time to get over all that so don't push too hard.

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

2mar
on 1/9/13 7:38 am
RNY on 09/20/12
Riley Sanders
on 1/9/13 9:56 am - Canada

At my post op meeting today they said that if you over do excercising you may end up having low blood sugar which would account for what you are feeling. It would be found in your blood work.  I am not sure how long you are on the treadmill but maybe you are over doing it

DS Facts
on 1/9/13 12:27 pm

As others have said, drink lots of water., it helps!Surgery is really hard on your body and it can take a while to bounce back. I've had 3 surgeries in the last 5 years and every time fatigue hits hard for a while.

Most Active
Recent Topics