OT - Hockey Parents Help!!!

Catw
on 1/14/13 2:59 am - Arnprior, Canada

I know that this is way off topic, and very last minute, but if anyone has a child in hockey at the IP level, or just out of IP level, I could use your input.  I am helping to organize my team's IP Fun Day.  This is a day where teams at the IP (Timbit) level get together to play games against each other.  Every child is a winner, and the goal is that all kids have fun.  Each child will walk away after playing a couple games (in our case 3) having fun and a gift/loot/swag bag to go home with.

If you have had a child go through a Fun Day this year, or remember what they got previously, could you please share that with me.  I would really like to do well with this, and I have a very limited budget to go on.  I have a couple things to go in, but will need some ideas for the rest.

Thanks,

Cathy

KathC
on 1/14/13 3:49 am

Mini stick and ball, even better if you can find one similar to team name or colours.

happy meal or DQ certificates

Good luck!

My second chance... November 15, 2012

Catw
on 1/14/13 4:26 am - Arnprior, Canada

I do have mini sticks for the kids.  That is always a hit.  Wonder how many games will start in the Community Hall during the day with them.  Coaches give them to their teams at different times.

Thanks, it will be a busy day for all of us.

Cathy

dana8221
on 1/14/13 3:53 am - Canada

I have run our IP program where I live for the last 6 years!  I love this age!!  lol

Mini stick are always a good one, free driveway balls since the summer will come!!! 

Go to some of the businesses who support your Minor Hockey association and see if they would be willing to chip in and donate something?  Wendys always throws in free frostys and it works for them.

If you have time, Tim Hortons has Fantastic gifts that they will give you to use for days like this.  It usually is a puzzle or toy zamboni or pucks or other things.  Usually takes a week....

Our little tuck shop that the Hockey Moms runs, sells some great little pins too they go over well.

Hockey bag tags are great they use them and like them too!

Good luck, where are you located?  I might be able to send a team Haha!!

Catw
on 1/14/13 4:25 am - Arnprior, Canada

I'm in Arnprior, but you'll have to wait to challenge me next year.  We have 8 spots at each level, and they filled up.  I will have 2 more years after this when I'll be helping out.  My son is only considered to be 4 for hockey.  And already he wants to follow his brother and be a goalie....  See if that holds true when he hits Novice.

Thanks for the advice.

Cathy

time2changeme
on 1/14/13 4:20 am

One year one of the hockey Mom's made pillow cases for the kids from a bolt of hockey fabric someone had given her

the kids loved these and we put the goodies inside them, printed out certificates for each of the kids saying

"WINNER" and thanks for participating on them!  We even made medals and medallions one year with the ribbon

to match their team colours.  Another popular thing was to give them a gift certifcate for the concession booth 

at the arena, we just made them on the computer like the certificates. Often if you ask people or business will donate things as some of the others said.

Sounds like a fun time!   Let us know how your event goes!  By the way your pictures are awesome! You look wonderful!!

Catw
on 1/14/13 4:28 am - Arnprior, Canada

I'll definitely let you guys know how it ends up, but it might not be until the day after.  I'll probably be more tired than the kids that night.

Thanks for the compliment.  The way this is going, I'll probably lose another 5 lbs running around that day.  Better pack my own lunch.  Be better than hot dogs or pizza.

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics