OT Hotels near TWH

Joyce J.
on 1/28/13 9:23 pm - Scarborough, Canada

Good morning all

I have to go for an MRI Feb 23 at 7:45 PM at TWH and my BF thought it would be cool to spend the day downtown and stay at a hotel that night since the next day is my birthday

I'm just not sure what hotels are close and have decent rates. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Have a great day all

Joyce

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/13 10:32 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I think the closest to TWH is the Super 8 in Chinatown.  You can ask for the hospital rate and all you have to do is bring your paper from TWH showing you have an appointment.  It's about $80/night.  I have stayed there and it's clean and the rooms are big.  It's on the 3rd floor of a chinese mall.  If you want to stay a bit closer to Yonge, the Delta Chelsea is not too shabby either and they also have hospital rate rooms for about $80 as well.  Have stayed there too many times and rooms are clean, close to the action on Yonge, a short walk to anywhere downtown.  They don't always have hospital rate rooms available so best to call asap to see.  They don't usually need to see anything as proof. 

Others that I have stayed at least one if not more than also offer hospital rates at about $119/night are The Courtyard Marriott, the one just north of College Street, the Holiday Inn on Carlton right next to the old TML Gardens and the Hilton Garden on Peter Street.  The Metropolitan also has hospital rate rooms at $129/night. 

Joyce J.
on 1/29/13 12:51 am - Scarborough, Canada

Hi Tracey

We were actually going to check the Delta, we like it there. We stayed two nights in Dec on a special deal.

I will give them a call and check out the Super 8 as well

Thanks

J

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/13 1:04 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'd stay at any of the ones that I mentioned, oh wait I have stayed at them all. LOL I have spent far too much time downtown Toronto in the last 3 years.  Depending on what you might want to do, might decide where you want to stay.  I stayed in Chinatown last fall and we walked all through the entertainment district and the fashion district.

katzmeow13
on 1/29/13 12:07 am

I only know about the hotels in Ottawa, but about a month back someone who worked in hotel management  who had wls posted about hotels in Toronto and hospital rates. Maybe do a search or hopefully she will see the post and chime in :)

Kat

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Most Active
Recent Topics