plastics in Ontario

finallyforme17
on 2/13/14 12:53 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 01/10/12

Help everyone. I know it is on here somewhere but I cant for the life of me find it lol. I have a hernia and it needs to be fixed. I am 2 years postop as of January 2014. My surgeon says he will fix it but this is the stage where women usually decide for the tummy life/tuck or not. I never really put much thought into it but I am starting to really think I might want the tuck. I know there are a few doctors around Toronto, but I am looking for the one in Oshawa that more people have a better chance of getting coverage through. I know that is what we all are looking for, but also Oshawa area as I am from Kingston and also going to Toronto will mean more expensive if I do end up paying for it. Can anyone help with some names of surgeons in the Oshawa/Scarborough area?

Thanks all,

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/14 1:11 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

The surgeon that gets a lot of OHIP approved panniculectomy is actually in Scarborough.  His name is Dr. Nandagopal.  I don't recall hearing about any in Oshawa. Don't forget that it's only the panni portion that may be covered by OHIP, if you want the full tuck then you would have to pay to upgrade to that.

finallyforme17
on 2/13/14 1:39 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 01/10/12

Thanks Tracey! That is what I was talking about, the extra skin. lol  Much appreciated.

PaulaToronto
on 2/15/14 10:49 am - Toronto, Canada

The two docs most used in Toronto area are Dr. Nandagopal in Scarborough and Dr. Kreidstein in north Toronto. I have consultations booked with both but based on reviews and experience will probably go with Dr. Nanda.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/14 11:15 am

Hi Paula

I was just reading on Dr. Kreidstein last week. Great pics on his website, mixed reviews though. Would appreciate your input after consultation

Mary A.
on 2/18/14 10:54 pm

[PDF] Appendix D - Ontario

www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/ohip/.../append.pdf Appendix D April 1, 2012 ..... Panniculectomy is only insured in the following cir****tances and when ... approval of the General Manager of OHIP is required.

SUB-SURFACE PATHOLOGY

16. Excision of excess fatty tissue and/or skin

a. Panniculectomy is only insured in the following cir****tances and when prior authorization of payment is obtained from the MOHLTC:

i. where there is significant associated symptomatology related to the pannus;

ii. where the pannus extends to a level below the pubis symphysis; and

iii. where the patient’s weight has been stable for a minimum of 6 months when panniculectomy is requested in relation to weight loss.

b. Excision of excess fatty tissue and/or skin other than for panniculectomy is not an insured service.

[Commentary:

Examples of significant clinical symptomatology include significant pain, chronic skin breakdown, and recurrent cellulitis and/or ulcers.]

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics