dont want to eat

on 5/25/14 8:56 am - Canada

Hey everyone I will be 5 weeks on Tuesday.  Up till lately things have been going great. For the past 4-5 days I dont want to eat and I mean anything.  Im not ill I feel good no pain a little tired but I just could care less if I put anything in my mouth.  I was getting all my protein in but I just  dont want to eat.  I've been drinking water or nestea zero trying to get my fluids in but thats about it.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this??   Stumped  Val

Delicious_Delilah
on 5/25/14 12:27 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I wasn't hungry for months, but you do have to eat. Protein is key to healing. If you need to, set a timer to remind yourself to eat.  If you don't eat, you could undermine your recovery.

good luck. 

Karen M.
on 5/25/14 4:28 pm, edited 5/25/14 6:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada

This can be quite common and I've gone through it a few times over the past 8 years. The straight answer is this: you must eat. This is not an option.  Set out your daily menu along with a time schedule and follow it. I know how difficult it is to eat when you're simply not hungry, but you must.  I hate to use the term "force feed", but it has felt that way to me in the past. Try to think of food as fuel for your body, almost like taking needed medication. Eating is a necessity to live and for a while it's almost like it's your "job". Take small bites and sips and try hard to get it in you - it gets easier with a little time and it must be done.

Best wishes and hang in there.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

OneByte
on 5/26/14 12:37 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

I'm less than a week post-op and most of the time I feel the same. I'm not hungry, but I know I need to eat.  As others have said, it's a must. Just try and find something you like "best", and have that. 

on 5/26/14 12:57 am - Canada

Thanks I will

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/26/14 9:35 am - Windsor, Canada

It's not only pretty normal but it is also the whole point of surgery. New relationship with food.  It makes it easy to say no to crap and to focus on eating for nutritional needs.  It is your new superpower over food and is the best thing! For most of us it doesn't last forever and our relationship with food gets difficult again. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics