canned fruit

Brittany_31113
on 7/23/14 4:37 am

Ok so the eating guide they sent me home with is confusing! I start the minced phase today. yay! However in the book it says under the allowed column that I can have canned water packed fruit... which made me really happy lol BUT  them under the not allowed column it says no citrus fruits.... can someone please tell me what kind of canned fruit I CAN have considering everything that is canned is citrus... its all either mandarin oranges or peaches....

Sincerely, one frustrated woman! 

P.s sorry for the attitude... im just frustrated and I tried calling the dietitian but cant for the life of me get through!

"The First step towards getting somewhere is to decide that your not going to stay where you are" - John pierpoint morgan

Referral- April 27,2013   Orientation class- may 29, 2013   Meet the surgeon,SW,dietitian - July 20, 2013  Dr Glazier- October 4,2013  Sleep study- October 10,2013   Dr Glazier again- October 16,2013   SW,dietitian again- February 2,2014    DR Sohi- march 4,2014   Start Opti- June 11,2014  SURGERY- July 2,2014

crqvingchange
on 7/23/14 4:43 am

I have seen sugar free fruit ****tail packed in water.  It's just peaches pears grapes and cherries.  I think delmonte makes it

Patm
on 7/23/14 4:59 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Citrus is oranges, lemons and limes. Fruits that are usually acidic so hard on a healing stomach. All other including applesauce are okay if they are packed in water

sellarsgal
on 7/23/14 5:41 am - Oshawa, Canada

You can have canned pears, peaches or fruit ****tail, packed in water only. drain the water and mash the fruit up with your fork, you can also mix with cottage cheese for protein or add it to oatmeal. 

No oranges, or  grapefruit,. 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

NorthernStar
on 7/23/14 10:18 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I did peaches and pears. I remember them being super yummy when I got to that phase. Double check there's no sugar/syrup (the packaging can be sneaky). Peaches are not a citrus fruit.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

4-Jane
on 7/23/14 11:02 am - Canada

Pears, and apple sauce, were my early out options, I admit that oranges were not far behind fruit in general I did not restrict myself with in any way even now I enjoy a few cherries I ate 6 today .  Early out I made my own apple sauce sugar free but the pears were just canned. 

Respectfully Jane
Soon_to_Shrink
on 7/23/14 5:01 pm

Um...peaches are not citrus.  Citrus fruits have segments like oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, etc.

Try pears, peaches, cherries, etc.

Mary A.
on 7/30/14 2:19 am
On July 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time, Soon_to_Shrink wrote:

Um...peaches are not citrus.  Citrus fruits have segments like oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, etc.

Try pears, peaches, cherries, etc.

you took the words right out of my mouth~!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics