Opti hump day

cherg24
on 4/11/15 3:35 am, edited 4/11/15 3:36 am - Ontario, Canada

Well I guess I've officially reached my half way point.  Day 11/21 today!  First day was rough but been fine since.   The only problem I'm having now is that I really do miss chewing food!  Lol.  Ok I read this on others posts before and I thought wow what an odd thing to say.   Now I totally get it and understand! It isn't that I'm sick of the opti and want something else, although seriously I think I've forgotten that other things taste different lol. I just want to chew something!! On a strange note I accidentally bit my husbands nose earlier.    Wasn't intentional but it felt kinda good lol.  ( I didn't bite it hard or anything weird lol) I'm not a real fan of gum so that doesn't help.  Oh well I just wanted to share with someone who understood cuz my husband thinks I'm weird now lol.  Have a great day all!

Patm
on 4/11/15 8:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I realise you are desparat4 to chew but his nose might not be the best choice LOL. You are doing great with the opti.

cherg24
on 4/11/15 10:43 am - Ontario, Canada

I can resist lol.  Thanks

mum2TNT
on 4/11/15 10:40 am - Oshawa, Canada

lol very cute!  What recipes have you tried and liked with the OPTI?  I start on Wednesday......I am ready!  Congrats for getting to day 11!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

cherg24
on 4/11/15 10:47 am, edited 4/11/15 10:47 am - Ontario, Canada

Not really sure I'm the best help for opti recipes.   I like it best flavours mixed and as cold as possible.  I'm not a fan of the chocolate so I need it diluted in flavour. I also use more water than it calls for.   Cold is definitely the key!! I haven't  really played with it otherwise as I really don't like the chocolate and it's half my opti so mixing pretty much says I'm done playing with recipes lol.   Good luck with yours!!

Blueeyednikki
on 4/11/15 11:02 am - Canada

I'm the opposite of you, I'm not a fan of the vanilla.  I dilute it with more water and a bit of crushed ice and blend it for 10 seconds.

Most Active
Recent Topics