ANYONE WAITING FOR HIMBER RIVER?

TaraB3660
on 5/15/15 11:42 am

JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE HAS IDEAS FOR HUMBER RIVERS WAIT TIMES? I HAVE SEEN THE INITAL CONSULT WITH DR. KLEIN, RN, DIETICIAN AND PHYCOLIGST. SEE THE INTERNEST MAY 26, 2015. BEEN A LONGGGGG JOUNREY. I HAVE A LAPBAND AND NEED IT REMOVED AND THE RNY SURGERY DONE. WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY FEEDBACK TO SHARE! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!

Wendy-Louise
on 5/16/15 2:58 am - Canada

Hi there, I know it seems like a long time but it is worth it. Nothing more will happen until you get past Dr Glazier he is the gate keeper. Have you had a sleep study? If he wants you to have one that may hold you up a little. Once he oks you will will get a surgery date. Surgery for me was way better that I thought it would be and only stayed one night in hospital, and most of the time they were handing me paper. Seemed like so much info. You will be in good hands although its definitely not the ritz. Anyway good luck and God sped

TaraB3660
on 5/20/15 8:13 am

I already had my sleep test done through my family Dr. and have a CPAP machine. Can you tell me what to expect from Dr. Glazier? I really don't know what he does or what he will be looking for. Thanks for your response, I appreciate the help.

Wendy-Louise
on 5/23/15 4:26 am - Canada

Hi Tara, Sorry I have not been on in a while. Dr Glazier just makes sure you are healthy enough to survive surgery. He is an awesome guy don't worry about him. He will do an ecg and blood work chest x-ray that kind of thing. When he says you are good to go you will go back to your surgeon for a date. Good Luck

CanadianGirl2015
on 5/16/15 8:32 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hi. I am waiting on a date from Humber. I had my orientation on april 24th, haven't heard anything since.They said it would be 6 to 8 weeks before i would get my first appointment.  I went ahead and booked a sleep test so that would not be holding me up, i go june 28th for that.  Have a great weekend!

hiom
on 5/19/15 6:49 am - Canada

I attended Orientation January 9, 2015 at Humber and still no appointments, it can take a while.  I will advise when I get the call, but in the meantime, try to focus on the 6 to 8 weeks.

Dar_Tay
on 5/19/15 10:29 am - Canada

I had my orientation on January 9th also at Humber and last week I received my call about my appt with the surgeon in June and trio appts the end of July.

I would call them if you don't hear from them this week just to make sure they have not lost you somewhere in the system

Lisajean57
on 5/23/15 7:08 pm - Canada

Hi Tara,

I am waiting on Humber and also have a lapband that needs to be removed. I saw Dr Huynh and he removed all the saline from the band as it has been a nightmare, I have seen the SW and will be seeing the nurse and dietician on Friday the 29th of May and Dr Glazer on June 10th. I am excited and nervous as well. Hoping to hear from anyone that had the lapband removed and had the surgery done.

TaraB3660
on 5/24/15 7:29 pm

Hello there. Sorry your slim and let you down as well. I watched an online removal of the band, the are in and out in 10 mins. That made me feel better. It's been such a long trying road. I just want it done. There's a lot of good info on this site, keep in touch and good luck with your appointments. From what I gathered they are removing slot of the bands.

Most Active
Recent Topics