Scales -- Ozeri? EatSmart? Other? - care to wiegh in?

B-Trix123
on 7/21/15 11:01 am - Toronto, Canada

I did do a search on the site about scales -- but thought I would reach out to Ontario group for fresh feedback. I am shopping for new kitchen and bathroom scales - my kitchen counter and bathroom floor space are small so don't want scales that will overwhelm. Wary of small scales being easy to read - despite just having had cataract surgery (thought I was too young for that, but I digress). Also want easy clean.

Bathroom scales - anyone tried either Ozeri or EatSmart? Just $2 difference between the two, look identical! Other options? Don't want to go too high tech - and certainly nothing that talks to me!

Kitchen scales - I expect the flat ones take up the least amount of space as they could be slid in on side beside my knife block. Thoughts?

Karen M.
on 7/21/15 5:14 am, edited 7/21/15 5:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Here's how old school I am:

Bathroom scale: Up until about a year ago I used the same bathroom scale I received as a wedding shower gift 26 years ago. Thaaaaat's right... give the fat girl a freakin' scale as a gift. Very nice.  Recently I bought a Weigh****chers scale at Giant Tiger of all places for $15. It's extremely accurate, looks nice, cleans up well. It came with inspirational stickers to apply, or you could write your own. (Yes, I wrote my own because it makes me laugh every morning - "Don't. Eat. **** And have a nice day."  ;)

Kitchen scale: I used my old Weigh****chers scale from MANY years ago. Still works. lol

:)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

B-Trix123
on 7/21/15 12:31 pm - Toronto, Canada

I have stuck to my old mechanical scales forever, no dead battery issues, easy clean. When my eyesight took a nose dive a couple of years ago -- bending down to take a closer look at those fuzzy numbers was a no go. Time to go digital but not obsessively so.

Stickers??? May I be so bold as to suggest that if you still have that wedding gift, wrap it beautifully (over-the-top) with a "Return to Sender" sticker on it and send it back to the well intentioned soul who gifted it to you. Doubt you will do this -- but fun to imagine! 

Karen M.
on 7/21/15 12:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You don't know me very well yet - if I still had that scale, I would have gladly hand-delivered it to my very snotty (and now very overweight) ex- sister in law. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

elliecat
on 7/21/15 4:31 pm - Canada

Love Giant Tiger !!!!

Terri

Orientation HRRH Jan 26/15 Meet Dr. Starr June 11/15 Sleep Study June 22/15 Trio appt Aug 12/15 Transfer to Dr. Hagen Aug 4/15, Meet Dr. Hagen Aug 13/15, Dr. Glazer Aug 14/15! Surgery Sept 14/15

tatirod
on 7/21/15 1:28 pm - Toronto, Canada

My bathroom scale is a Beurer. It's supposed to calculate your hydration and body fat. My athlete friends use it, I just haven't set mine up yet. Plus, I figure it will scream, "are you f'ing serious?" When it gets to the percent body fat.

i use an ouzeri for my kitchen scale. I used. To have a weigh****chers scale, but it was lost when I moved and this seems easier to clean. Very thin profile.

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

crqvingchange
on 7/22/15 7:54 am

Weigh****chers is good.  My WW scale calculates body fat and water percentages, BMI, weight, and some other numbers.  I use a Starfrit glass scale in the kitchen it works great, shuts off on it's own, you can change from ounces to grams, and it was on sale at Canadian Tire.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

debeade
on 7/22/15 11:46 am - Canada

Love my starfrit kitchen scales. Metal with a bowl. They shut off too and can be in oz or gms.

big scales are just cheap digital ones I have had for years . Depends on what the numbers read wether or not I like them.

B-Trix123
on 8/28/15 8:50 am - Toronto, Canada

Update - I bought Ozeri scales for both kitchen & bathroom. Happy with those.

Just saw Starfrit kitchen scales on sale - at Can Tire dirt cheap starting today! From $28 down to $11. Grabbing one for the cottage.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/starfrit-slim-glass-kitchen-scale-0428554p.html#.VeCAZflVA6o

Most Active
Recent Topics