Moving forward... Just an update..

kimmygirl180
on 7/22/15 9:23 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Well it has been a while since I last posted, but thought that since there is some new info I would share it today.  

Yesterday was meet the Social Worker Susan, Dietitian Nina and Dr. Glazer. They had to cancel my Nurse appt, but is rescheduled for Aug.  

All appts went very well as I had been so prepared from all of the advice here on OH.  Thank you all so much for passing along your wisdom.  I was passed for surgery by all 3, with a few follow up appts.  Nina and I will chat by phone to see how my snacking choices are going, and Dr. Glazer is sending me for an echocardiogram as he informed me that I have a heart murmur.  

Everyone was very friendly and supportive, even Dr. Glazer, whom I found a little strange sitting on his ball and dictating my notes.  

I am now waiting for a call back from Dr. Starr's office with an appt. booking for my surgery.  I know that he is currently booking for February 2016, but I will be asking to be put on a cancellation list. 

It has felt like an eternity since my referral Sept. 2014, but it has given me this time to research, prepare and change my current lifestyle to one that is going to be more healthy.  I can't wait to get on this bench.  

I would like to say thank you to everyone that has shared their experiences, knowledge, tips, tricks and prayers on this forum.  You have helped so many and I look forward to continue reading about all of you.  

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

Karen M.
on 7/23/15 7:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

Very exciting when everything finally starts to come together!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics