To Soon?

TaraB3660
on 8/11/15 8:54 pm

Two weeks post op. Feel pretty good. I constantly question myself. Not about my decision, just about weather I can make this work. Sometimes I wonder if I am broken, because Slimband was a huge FAIL for me. it's hard to believe in yourself  when you have a life time full of fails.

I need to start at the gym! I need to recommit myself. Is it to soon? How long do you wait?

kellybelly333
on 8/12/15 12:27 am - Toronto, Canada

Follow your surgeon's recommendations. You can walk all over the place for now. I waited four weeks, as instructed. It was hard because I felt so great.  

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Luclaurie
on 8/12/15 5:19 am - Markham, Canada

Tara...you absolutely can do this!  I am 2 weeks post op as well and have moments of omg...this is hard!  But it is something that we WILL be successful with!  I went back to the gym yesterday and walked on the treadmill.  Walked 1.1 miles and felt great.. My plan is to continue doing to the gym and walking until I get clearance from my surgeon at one month if I can get back into training with my trainer.

Keep the positive thoughts going...no room for negativity!

Laurie 

Most Active
Recent Topics