Post Surgery Update - Day 4

Bob H.
on 8/16/15 9:10 pm - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

Good Morning!

Sorry I have not been back on the board to give any updates - just as we were leaving the hospital on Thursday morning, I ran into a complication which kept me there until yesterday but I am feeling fantastic! Turns out that that the blood thinners they gave me on Wednesday as part of the recovery procedures thinned out my blood a little too much and I started to bleed internally around the work they did. The hospital was fantastic and with some medication on Friday, I was back on track and ready to leave yesterday afternoon. It was definitely a bit scary but I"m glad it happened before I got home!

Today I started with the full fluid diet and was able to squeeze in 90grams of protein. I have to admit that between vitamins, medication, protein drinks and water, it seems that all I'm doing is eating - and I'm full all the time.

I was also able to get in a 1KM walk today so I am happy about that for sure!

To all of you waiting for the big day - trust me when I tell you it's the best decision you can make - and even with little setbacks, I don't regret it for a moment - what I do regret, is not doing it in 2011 when I first thought of it!

Cheers;

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

Incognito55
on 8/17/15 3:51 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi Bob,

im glad you're recovering well, and they caught the internal bleeding! I had surgery on Tuesday at TWH and also feel like all I am doing is swallowing pills, shakes, and water. When ever I sleep I feel like I'm missing out on valuable sipping time! 

I look forward to many more updates!

MonaLisaSmile
on 8/17/15 6:12 am - Canada

Happy to hear you are doing well!!!  It was very obvious that you were ready for this....and you will be amazing!! 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Seev !
on 8/17/15 8:34 am
RNY on 08/20/15

Glad to hear you are home and doing well, Bob!  Onward and downward!

B-Trix123
on 8/17/15 8:54 am - Toronto, Canada

Glad they got you sorted out PDQ!

Post op my heart rate dropped multiple times - but not into a danger zone. When I urinated, cold chills coursed through my body - never got a reason for that. I also went flush in the face and chest for 2 days --- blushing??? No explanation for that either.

We are on the same day post op -- so far, so good since coming home. I am doing little walking (heat alerts in Toronto) and having a challenge getting all the protein in -- but giving it the priority tummy space before I dive into a dish of applesauce -- which I have had some!

Giving this until Fri. before I feel certain I am good to go much further afield. My mother popped a staple years ago and went into septic shock (fine now), so hence my caution.

Watching your progress with interest!

Bob H.
on 8/17/15 10:59 am - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

It's crazy hot here too - 45 degrees here without the humidity!! I did a 1km walk this morning early and went slow, I was surprised how much energy I had. I never thought about the staple concern's but I've been taking it mostly easy just like you!

I'm glad things are going well - you are doing amazing! The protein is hard to get in with all the water - I think i'm a little dehydrated. I tried a little applesauce with one of the pills that I have to smash up and it sat ok but you are right not to ru****!

Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

This G.
on 8/17/15 4:43 pm - Canada

Oh crazy! Glad you are okay now! 

Surgeon: Dr Hagen. Start Opti Aug 18th. Surgery Sept 1st 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics