Delayed again at HRRH

Tara Sauders
on 8/31/15 12:40 pm - Canada

SO frustrated! I was supposed to have my trio appointments at Humber this Thursday but they called me today to reschedule my nurse appointment to October 23rd!  I have already been waiting over a year since my referral went in for these appointments and now I have been delayed by another two months because they are down to one nurse and can't accommodate everybody.  They've added me to the cancellation list but they didn't sound hopeful about getting one.  I know I need to practice patience but I am so discouraged right now :(

HW=268.6; Opti day 1=268.6; SW=254.6; Referral Aug 2014; Orientation at HRRH Feb 13, 2015; Meet Dr.Klein July 23; Dr.Glazer Aug 6; SW & RD Sept 3rd; RN Oct 23rd; 2nd Dr.Klein Sept 16; PATT call Oct 8th; Start Opti Oct 21; PATT appt Oct 23rd; RNY 12:00pm Nov 4, 2015

Patm
on 8/31/15 1:15 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That would be discouraging. Sorry you are going through this. I will keep happy thoughts that they will hire another nurse.

kimmygirl180
on 8/31/15 4:25 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

I know how you feel Tara.  I am also going through HRRH and had my nurse appt. cancelled and rescheduled.  This process really, really tests a persons patience...  My surgery is now booked for March 2016 with Dr. Starr, but it will be 18 months from the time of my referral.  

Good luck with your journey...  Hope you can get a cancellation..  

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

RidingFan
on 8/31/15 6:34 pm - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

Just back on line after some time away but I can tell you that it is well worth the wait ladies! Sometime I felt very frustrated with the delays and saw others seeming to get scheduled faster for appointments and surgery.  I took that time to try to work on the life changes which really helped in the long run. Hang in there!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Kim T.
on 9/1/15 7:03 am - Canada
RNY on 09/29/15

Don't be discouraged although I know it's hard.  I went through exactly the same thing - exact same reason, they were down to one nurse!  It's hard to believe that a busy bariatric centre can be down to one nurse....  I had my trio appointments booked for the same time then I got the call to postpone the nurse appointment.  I was also very disappointed.  Turns out the dietitian wanted a reassessment so I used that time to try and eat balanced healthy meals and I ended up losing weight on my own before my next appointment with the nurse.  The time went by very fast.  You've held on this long, so try and be patient for a little while longer.  The big day will be here before you know it!  When I finally met with the nurse Caron, I came out so overwhelmed with all the vitamins I have to take... so be prepared to take notes as it can be very confusing.

marielewis
on 9/2/15 2:17 pm

so If i read your timeline correctly you met with Dr Klein before your trio apps.... I am so confused how this works 

Most Active
Recent Topics