Planning ahead...

Molly83
on 9/7/15 3:43 pm - Canada

I meet the surgeon on Sept 21 and hopefully will soon after get my surgery date. I am having my surgery in Ottawa and live 2 hours out of town. My mother will be driving me. Anyone from the area know how long I will be in the hospital and if I should book a hotel for my mom? I can't see her driving home and back but if I'm in two or three nights that is expensive. Also for those of you who lived far away did you drive right home after discharged or spend the night in a hotel. The behaviourist said if I was uneasy about going home to stay in a hotel but didn't say it was necessary. How did you feel driving after getting out of the hospital? I do realize everyone is different...just looking for advice...thanks!

1st referral-June 2014, sent back and resubmitted September 2014. Wrong referral-medical not surgical. December 22-Surgical Referral sent in.

March 2, 2015-Orientation session; April 8, 2015-Blood work completed; May 12, 2015-Intake appointment; July 24, 2015 Dietician/Behaviourist; August 26, 2015 Pre-surgery class; September 21, 2015 Meet the surgeon; SURGERY NOVEMBER 13, 2015

lammytee14
on 9/7/15 5:29 pm

When my friend from out of town had her surgery at the Civic her husband was booked in to a suite at the resident's building on the Civic campus. Ask the WMC if they can give you the info for it. Much cheaper than a hotel. They stayed there the night before her surgery then he was there for the two nights after her surgery.

For both of us, we stayed at the hospital for 2 nights...surgery on Monday and released on Wednesday mid-morning.

Good luck!

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Catw
on 9/8/15 6:14 am - Arnprior, Canada

A lot will depend on how you are feeling.  I could have gone home next day, but I stayed in for the 2 nights as I had kids and wanted to be sure I had a good start healing before I went home.

My town has a hospital, and when I went to ER for pain (which was because of stomach acid) they said if they had needed, they would have called the surgeon on call in Ottawa.  Being willing to call to get specialized help is a comfort for me.

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics