Surgery date changed at hrrh Yikes!

Canadajet
on 11/10/15 4:02 pm

received a voicemail that hrrh is changing surgery date from now 18 to nov 16. Not so simple.  It would mean everything I had booked on November  16 and 17 for work needs to be cancelled and somehow I have to put all those meetings to this week.  And mentally I was ready for the  18th.  I am waiting tomorrow for them to call me for an explanation.  Just needed to vent 

B-Trix123
on 11/10/15 5:35 pm - Toronto, Canada

I am with TWH Bariatric Centre and I remember the social worker lecturing us on the subject of respect. In order for us to receive respect, we have to give respect. I found her tone condescending and I can site numerous examples of being treated disrespectfully - but won't here. Not sure you have been treated respectfully by HRRH. They didn't ask you - they told you -- like it or lump it after you have worked so hard to get to this point. Think you are caught between a rock and a hard place and I am very sorry you have this added stress approaching your surgery.

HKT53
on 11/11/15 6:17 pm - Toronto, Canada

So..did you set HRRH straight or did you have to rearrange your work?

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Canadajet
on 11/13/15 4:08 am

No I had to take the 16th.  Work was good that I had to change my sick start day.  My work is not aware of the reason for my absence.  Very noisy coworkers.  I just hope I can stave off this cold. My coworker has come to work for the past two weeks hacking and coughing with no thought to anyone else's health.  

tlj1974
on 11/12/15 9:52 am

I can relate to your frustration..  I received the same call.  My surgery was scheduled for Nov 16 and now I am Nov 18.  I could have worked a couple more days.

Most Active
Recent Topics