An interesting first day of pureed

Canadajet
on 12/1/15 3:58 pm

well today was the first day of puréed. So excited.  Made my poached egg,  savoured it, it went down no problem.....oh my was I so nauseated.  No vomiting, but I just kept visioning the egg and ewwwww.  After 1 hr I tried sipping water.  I swear the gurgling could be heard 30 km away.  So more sips and it started to ease.  Then I was wiped and slept for an hour.  I was able to tolerate my protein drink, the. Some applesauce with protein powder and some yogurt with protein powder.  I could not get the required increase  amounts as per the plan today.  I am thinking tomorrow no egg, and try to increase the amounts first.  I did have a soup with protein powder, one small saltine cracker mushed and mushed vegetables about 1/4 cup and so far no grumbles.  

I had a terrible sleep last night envisioning me eating the puréed foods and my insides busting open.  Pretty crazy, but it tells me that I was scared.  So would not say a bad day but an interesting day.  A good thing is I am down to 218 and gathered up OH MY ! so many pants that are too big.  

I tried searching for posts about puréed diets for rny but a a lot came back from the us forum and many were vsg surgeries.

any words of advice or direction where to look for info?

thanks

tlj1974
on 12/1/15 5:26 pm

I was thinking about you today, how you were making out with puree.  I start on Thursday.  I purchased Weight-Loss Surgery Guide & Diet Program book and Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery for recipes.  Do I have been looking to prepare.  I was looking so forward to a poached egg.

JoshL
on 12/1/15 5:53 pm - Canada

Hi there, 

I am starting my purea stage tomorrow. I prepped a few meals for the freezer before hand and am going to stick to soups for the first day or two. I think so and steady and nothing too heavy might help, but this is just my own advice. I will be 5 days post op tomorrow and am tolerating liquids fine so my thought was to slowly increase the thickness of the purees to build a tolerance. 

I will try and let you know how it goes tomorrow for me. 

Best of luck and keep us posted! 

Josh

crqvingchange
on 12/1/15 6:05 pm

Go to The World According to Eggface Website.  She had RNY and has LOTS of recipes for all phases.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

northernga1
on 12/1/15 8:24 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

the nausea might be because you ate to fast, it should still take you up to 45 minutes if not longer to finish your meal.  Take your time, even walk away from the table and put your fork / spoon down between bites.  The same thing happened at each stage for me until i realised i was eating way to fast.   the first 8 weeks i couldnt sit at the table with anyone else while eating.  I was eating way to fast and making myself sick.  

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Canadajet
on 12/2/15 3:50 am

Thank you for the advice everyone.  Eating to fast was more than likely the issue.  Back to using my timer.  One bite every two minutes.  Able to tolerate my cream of wheat with protein powder, applesauce, and yoghurt. Was up at 5 am.... Eating too fast was one of my issues before I started on this journey.  

Another good note....216.9 lbs today!!!!

tlj1974
on 12/2/15 10:33 am

How are you doing today?

Canadajet
on 12/2/15 12:36 pm

hi

much better today.  I went to the website suggested which was helpful.  also I took my time, ie. used my timer and ate one spoonful every 2 minutes.  managed my breakfast, snack and lunch and another snack so dinner is next in about 2 hrs.  no nausea and no vomiting. 

feel better for sure, thank you for asking

Most Active
Recent Topics