Optifast

Alligator
on 12/3/15 1:07 pm

well, day four is winding down, but I'm soooo hungry.  I did my pre-op yesterday at HRRH and I'm having surgery on Dec 14th.  I can hardly wait!

Alligator

tlj1974
on 12/3/15 2:09 pm

Are you drinking lots of water and getting in all your shakes?  You are also allowed 2 cups of vegetables per day.  I saved that for dinner, but had a mini cucumber with my shake at lunch.  Time will pass quickly and before you know it December 14th will be here.  Staff at HRRH are so nice, the nurses I had were very knowledgeable on bariatric surgery and really helped me out during my time there.

Alligator
on 12/3/15 3:22 pm

Yes, drinking lots.  Have a green tea in the am, six glasses of water during the day, all my shakes, and a cup of broth at dinner.

the staff at HRRH are wonderful.  I was there yesterday and everyone is so happy and bubbly.  Really nice environment.  

What at do you do about taking a multi-vitamin after surgery?  I'm told I need to take two daily, but haven't found them in liquid form.

Alligator

Kittygirl001
on 12/3/15 6:35 pm - Canada

I bought chewable centrum, but I found it in the USA since I am a border city.  I am sure there are other chewable versions but this is the one my centre wanted me to buy.

Andrea,

Surgery Date: Dec. 16th, 2015

RNY 

Dr. Lindsay, St. Josephs Healthcare

HW:374, OPTI SW:365 (11/4/15), SW:332, CW: 198

Kittygirl001
on 12/3/15 2:48 pm - Canada

The time will fly by, and the hunger will subside a lot soon.  Just fill up on water.  I'm on day 30 of Optifast, and I'm not going to lie...I still have a hungry grumbly stomach, I just have some water, or decaf tea.  I have my surgery 2 days after you!! Best of luck to you!!

Andrea,

RNY 

Alligator
on 12/3/15 3:19 pm

Day 30!  Oh my gosh!  How are you doing it???  I just want to bite into a chicken finger so badly!  I'm not that hungry, but not that satisfied, either.  It's weird.  I've been having a cup of chicken broth at dinner.  That seems to help.  Are you nervous?

Alligator

Kittygirl001
on 12/3/15 6:33 pm - Canada

I'm doing better now, I did have my moments when I was angry, sad, etc about not being able to eat. I am allowed 2 cups a day of lettuce, green pepper, cucumber and celery so that gives me a crunch at dinner!  I am for the past week not wanting to drink my 4th Opti, but I know I need to so I do.  And luckily my husband and daughter are BEYOND supportive, as is all my family really so it is making it easier!  

NERVOUS...I am scared crapless, but I know after this almost 2 year process I AM READY!  Like I have told family who keep asking if I am excited, "nope, far from excited...I will be excited in January when I am on my road to recovery", yes I am excited for what is about to come but the fear of surgery out weighs that at this point!!  Haha. 

How are you?  Do you know what surgery you are getting?  I hope you have an easy Optifast diet, wonderfully smooth surgery and recovery!!  Oh and a Merry Christmas!!  We are getting a great present this year for sure.

Andrea,

RNY 

Chickenboob
on 12/3/15 6:45 pm - Rockland, Canada

I feel for you! I had a 28 day optifast protocol pre-op. Thee were days that were so tough!

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Most Active
Recent Topics