What's next?????

kimmygirl180
on 12/30/15 2:17 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hey everyone..  Hope you have all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to a great 2016.  

I was just wondering if someone could tell me what my next steps are going to be before surgery.  My surgery date is March 28,2016 at Humber River Regional Hospital with Dr. Starr, and I am just wondering when they may call to set up the PATTS appt.  

Time is going so quickly and I am beginning to get excited for this journey to begin.  Thank you to anyone that may have some info that could help.

?

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

Leslie W.
on 12/30/15 2:42 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Usually they do PATTS a couple of weeks before surgery.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
sfayad
on 12/31/15 6:08 am - Canada

Hi kimmygirl: 

I completed my program in Windsor and did my final class dec13

my chart was then sent to Guelph and had a call from them 2 days later to meet the surgeon December 15th. Ya only 2 days. 

I start my opti fast  January 11 Th and appt with anethesiologist January 12/16

and then had a surgery date booked for January 25 Th. 

It all happened so quick for me.  

So when I see you have a surgery date in  March 28  I'm very shocked it's  so long away. 

I do know because your Hosp has had new  facilities build that the move has caused long wait times. That being said Kim the dates of all the disciplines I had to see in Windsor were appt long away. The. Whole entire program has taken me 13 months in total so when you look at it that way the dates really are not that far different. And Dr Starr is an amazing surgeon and rest assured you are in great hands. 

I know others that had surgery at Humber and there PATTS appt  was a few weeks before surgery as the blood work needs to be recent before surgery to ensure your blood work is ok to proceed to surgery. 

So that all being said I wish you an amazing experience. I'm so excited as I near my surgery date and start the next level of my journey. Actually I'm to the point to where I count the days to surgery.  I will keep all updated and hope you do the same as you approach your day. 

Good luck kim !!!!!!!!

simon

Most Active
Recent Topics