5 days to go!

Jennellybean
on 1/21/16 11:30 am - Canada

I feel like I'm posting on here so much recently!  I hope nobody is getting tired of my spontaneous ramblings! I have 5 days left until surgery. I find that throughout the entire process I have been so excited to get to the next stage. I was even excited to start optifast (blecch)! While, I'm now excited to end optifast I find that my nervousness for surgery has trumped my excitement. I'm flat out scared, which is something I expressed before. I don't even know what I'm afraid of. My guess is I'm scared of the unknown. My last surgery was 10 years ago when I was 19. I had an emergency gall bladder removal. I was conscious too early and felt them remove the breathing tube from my throat. I immediately started screaming and became very agitated and combative. During my pre-op appointment I mentioned this and the anesthesiologist said that this is quite normal in younger patients, but most don't remember it. She also said that she can't guarantee that it won't happen again, as I'm still relatively young. Of course, I'm trying to focus on the after and how great I'll feel but the traumatic experience from that surgery is making this surgery that much more scary!  

Another bump thus far is that I've been home the last couple of days with cold symptoms. I teach kindergarten and while I love my little ones, they are germ factories. I can't really take anything like echinacea so I've been having lots of broth and using my humidifier with vicks vapours. 

I want to be excited so badly so that I don't focus on being scared so much! 

Referral: April 28 2015 Orientation: July 29 2015 Social Worker: September 1 2015 Nurse Practitioner: September 16 2015 Nutrition Class: October 20 2015 Psychologist November 11 2015 Dietitian November 17 2015 Meet the Surgeon December 11 2015 Surgery January 26 2016

White Dove
on 1/21/16 12:29 pm - Warren, OH

Also try the Neti Pot.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Recent Topics