So many hoops... Questing about Dr. Glazer if anyone can help...

kimmygirl180
on 2/24/16 10:11 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing fine.  It has been a long road for me, but I'm seeing a light at the end of my tunnel.  

I was just wondering if there is anyone on the site that had to see Dr. Glazer a second time because their surgery was scheduled further than 6 months from the appt. you had with him?

Things have been moving really fast for me right now as I was able to switch surgeons and got a surgery date of March 2/16, but at my surgical pre screening yesterday the nurse spoke with Dr. Glazer's office and they stated I would need to see him again due to the length of time I had previously saw him.( 7 months ago)  I just wanted to know if this is the norm, have other had to do this?  

I just want everything to run smoothly as surgery is next week.  I think I may be panicking a little.  lol  

Thanks for all support and answers.  

Kim

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

HKT53
on 2/24/16 10:42 am - Toronto, Canada

I had to see him a second time but not because of length of time. I suggest you call his office to ensure that she is scheduling an appt with him. Just saying, not always good to wait for Dr Glazer's assistant to call you. Im glad I called, got her looking into my next appt date. Also, when I did have to see him again, my appt was within the week. I want you to know that when you first saw him, he seem to talk really fast. Even faster when he has notes to look at on his computer screen. I think that guy could have been a auction caller. Doesnt hurt to remind her that the patt nurse was talking to her Feb 23rd and you suggested I come back in to see Dr. Glazer. Also remind her that Surgery date is March 2nd. And please don't panic. Your time to be on the loser's bench is fast approaching. Hang in there

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

kimmygirl180
on 2/24/16 1:23 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hi HKT53, 

Thanks for your reply.  They gave me an appt. for tomorrow, so I am happy about that.  I was just wondering why I would need the second appt. if he already cleared me once.  

Have a great day.  

Kim

Referral - September/14, Orientation HRRH - December 1/14, Surgeon appt. (Dr. Starr) - April 24/15, Trio appts. - July 21/15, Dr. Glazer - August 17/15, switched surgeon to Dr. Huynh Feb. 17/16, Surgery date - March 2/16-

1 year follow up - Lost 82% of my excess body fat. Starting weight 315lbs, today 151lbs.

HKT53
on 2/24/16 1:34 pm - Toronto, Canada

Remember the first time you saw him. All over his office is information about sleep apnea. This guy is really OCD about the problem. Things change with your health in 7 months. That kinda is what he will be asking you if your sleeping has changed since he last saw you. It is important to have a safe sleep during surgery. Listen carefully, he talks fast, will read notes back to you and ask if it changed. Your blood pressure means a lot before you enter his office and you will have another ECG. Good luck

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Pamela.S.
on 2/25/16 12:18 pm - Canada

I had the exact same thing happen.  They're just going to make sure that there are no big changes in your health so that he can clear you for surgery.

Referral Sept/13, changed centres to HRRH - Orientation Mar 24/14.  Feb 5, 2015 - SURGERY!!!! HW 286.4 SW 264

kimmygirl180
on 2/26/16 5:16 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Hi Pamela.S.

Thank you so much for your reply.  It makes me feel just a bit calmer now.  I have my appt. at 11:30am today so I'm praying all goes well.  

Have a great day, 

Kim

tlj1974
on 2/26/16 4:09 pm

Same thing happened to me.  I got a call a week before surgery, he needs to see me because of length of time since last appointment.  He is just going to make sure you have no changes in health.

Most Active
Recent Topics