First vacation post surgery 3.5 months out

Canadajet
on 3/5/16 5:42 am

I did get the ok from dr Klein that going skiing would be fine.  We went for week of skiing in Vermont.  I had energy and no issues with eating.  We had a chalet so I cooked most days ( lots of crockpot dishes). I did have some days that I would take a power nap after lunch to be able to hit the slopes in the afternoon.  The only down side is I thought the scale would move down a notch but it stayed the same. :(  also. My hair is falling out.  My once thick curly hair is thinning and looking horrible.  So I have read other posts to see what I can do.  I know it will eventually get better but what a drag!  Already had the hairdresser put in layers.  She freaked out as well when she was combing it out.  She knows what I had done so she agreed the bodily changes are playing havoc with my hair.  I will take the weight loss any day over a head of curly hair.  Hell I will buy a wig if I have too!  

Hope everyone is doing well.  Spending my day unpacking and getting my house in order

oh and the other great thing is our friends In the USA who came skiing ordered for me from chike.com loads of protein shake supplements.  I must say the iced coffee is to die for.  I am not sure if they deliver to Canada but if you can get some try it.  Today I am going to try Orange creamsicle  full meal replacement.

any other words of advice about thinning hair is appreciated.

cheers

canadajet

Most Active
Recent Topics