Post-Op Follow ups HRRH

Carchick28
on 3/10/16 5:11 am - Canada

I am curious as to what appointments you have after surgery at HRRH, assuming everything goes as planned.  It looks like I will have surgery likely either late spring or summer and I am trying to get an idea of what my summer months will be like so I can plan things or at least get some tentative things in place.  I know there is a 1 month nutrition class but that is the only one I know of. 

Dar_Tay
on 3/10/16 6:33 am - Canada

At approx 2 weeks post op I had to see Dr Hagen and will see him again at 3 months post op.

Your required to attend follow up appts at the Bariatric clinic at 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year, then annually for the next 4 years.  At 1 month it is seeing the nurse and a dietitian class lasting approx 1 hr. At 3 months you see the nurse and dietician only, each lasting 1/2 hr.  Not sure what happens at 6 months lol.  I assume the nurse and dietician again.

When you are discharged after surgery, your given a sheet with your 1 and 3 months appts already booked for you. (you can change these).  The sheet also outlines your other appts required etc.

Hope this helps :)  Lots of things to think about!!

Carchick28
on 3/10/16 6:40 am - Canada

Thanks, that is exactly what I am looking for.

Alligator
on 3/19/16 6:26 pm

I'm going to my three month post op this week, but I don't have another appt to see Dr Hagen.  Should I be calling his office to set up an appt?   I saw him two weeks after my surgery to remove some stitches and that's it.

Alligator

Dar_Tay
on 3/19/16 6:48 pm - Canada

When I saw Dr Hagen for my 2 week post op check, he said he wanted to see me when I was 3 months post op.  I called his office to book my appt. I don't know if he likes to see all his post op pts at 3 months, but you can call his office and check :)

Most Active
Recent Topics