Anyone go out of province / country for plastic surgery?

B-Trix123
on 4/6/16 1:28 pm - Toronto, Canada

I am probably 1 1/2 years away from plastic surgery to repair excess skin - but have started to think about my budget now. Did anyone on this forum go out of province / country for plastic surgery related to weight loss? If so - what was your experience? Not a great time to go state-side with the current Canadian dollar, but I would certainly look into Mexico as well.

TWH has the subject of plastic surgery lined up for April 20 group session - I think - so this is what has spurred me on. 

birdiegirl
on 4/6/16 2:33 pm

I only know of one person on the Ontario forum who had plastics in Mexico - Dr Saucedo - who has his own forum on here.

She had to return approx. 3 weeks after surgery with some problems.  She thought it was great because they paid her plane fare and looked after her.  She was also very pleased with the work

From my point of view - having to travel back to Mexico to have repairs would be a horror.  I would rather save a little longer and have plastics here.  We are all different though

Good luck and smart to start saving

Leslie W.
on 4/6/16 5:07 pm - Cobourg, Canada

OHIP may cover panni if you qualify. I have had many plastic procedures. I've had some issues post op making me very glad to be near my surgeons. I am a red scarer so I go in for laser treatments. Easier for post op checks and follow ups.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
B-Trix123
on 4/6/16 6:12 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks - I know about the panni -- likely I won't qualify, but will give it the old college try. Are you in the GTA? Would you share the name of your surgeon? PM me if you wish.

Most Active
Recent Topics