Scale fear when returning from an All Inclusive

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/14/17 7:01 am - Canada

20mths post op I have noticed that the scale fluxuates more than it used to when you have items you shouldnt be having. Things are just less forgiving the further out you venture.

Past trips I was very diligent and and came home the same or even lighter. This one had me worried. More carbs, more drinks, more sweets.(but still not excessive...just more than usual)......but I was super worried about weighing in . I always wait 2- 3 days to allow for plane retention and "bowel build up" but i was thrilled to stay the same when I got home !!

I find I have learned to regulate my intake so much more responsibly now. When I have a little extra something...I scale down the next meal...or skip a snack... let's face it being in the sun you are waayyy more active than sitting here waiting for snow.

Travellers out there...just know you can still have fun on vacation....just keep in mind your rules...and stay active.

For me travel now.... having my clothes fit all week ,not being bloated and miserable, room to move on the plane and not having to deal with big gains when I get home is just a FANTASTIC feeling !!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

crqvingchange
on 3/14/17 9:19 am

Great to know that you have found a way to maintain your awesome loss.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/14/17 9:28 am - Canada

Thanks CC

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Most Active
Recent Topics