I had my appt with the internist!!!

jillysue
on 3/19/08 12:32 pm - Northern, MI
It went really well and all I need to do is have some labwork done. I had appts for next fri to see the surgeon and the behaviorist, but we moved them up to Tues next week! I came home with a sample pack of foods, etc from the office today. It started me thinking about how I am ever going to keep track of what I am eating and how much of protein, etc that I am taking in etc. ARGH!  You guys all sound like pros. Will I get that way too?

One Day at a Time
Jill

Highest 288/Consult 282/Preop 275/current 150/goal ?????

azreggie
on 3/19/08 12:42 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Jill, Congrats!  We'll learn all this stuff, one day at a time.  Have you bought that book "Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies"?  Great and easy read. 

Reggie

jillysue
on 3/19/08 12:45 pm - Northern, MI

Hi!  No I haven't, sounds like just what I need!  You are right, duh, One day at a time!!!!!! (or one minute) which ever works best:)

One Day at a Time
Jill

Eileen Briesch
on 3/19/08 1:27 pm - Evansville, IN
Ah, you'll get there too. Soon, you'll be doing it in your head and won't write it down (I don't). Good luck next week.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

fhgt48
on 3/19/08 2:14 pm - Caldwell, ID
You can go to fitday.com to keep track of everything. I would be lost without it. You can track water, excersize and custom foods. There are some other web sites also. It is free to use too. You put in the foods and it adds up the calories, nutrients and protein etc.  You are getting closer. We have all learned by doing just as you are. You will get there too. Diana

annette R.
on 3/19/08 8:23 pm - ithaca, NY
Jill, Relax, it takes time but you can do it. In the beginning I wrote lists and set timers to keep track of when to eat and drink. Eventually, it gets to be second nature.  Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Pat R.
on 3/19/08 10:31 pm - Sturgis, MI
I bought a little spiral notebook at Wal Mart and just write everything down....MMPC will give you some paperwork that has food values in it. I started journaling 2 1/2 months before I had surgery just to learn how to keep track and I still do it everyday.

I'm so happy you have Dr. Kemmeter. He is the absolute best....the most caring and personable doctor I have ever had.

MMPC's pre-packaged food is really not all that bad...I lived on it for two weeks before and two weeks after my surgery and got along fine.

Good luck!
Pat R.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Connie D.
on 3/20/08 12:20 am
Hi Jillysue....this will all just fall into place for you. It will become second nature to you. I personally keep a food journal...I write everything in it that goes into my mouth. I keep a good count of my protein that way.I tried the computer route and decided I would do the notebook because I am gone out of town alot and I can keep it right with me.  I still measure and weight most everything but I am sure at a point I will be able to just eyeball it. Hugs, connie d
jillysue
on 3/20/08 2:51 am - Northern, MI
Thanks all!  All of a sudden it just seemed to overwhelming........I think cuz it's getting to be a reality instead of a dream:) It is soooo great having you all here. Hope someday I will be able to be of help to some of you!!

One Day at a Time
Jill

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views