What's New Thursday?

annette R.
on 3/19/08 8:34 pm - ithaca, NY
Good Morning OFF Family. Is it my turn to send out a wake up call? Post away -  Kisses Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Margo M.
on 3/19/08 8:42 pm, edited 3/20/08 12:04 am - Elyria, OH
michael's snoring woke me up- i pottied, weighed self, had a protein shake and am going to the couch til a reasonable hour.... note to self on 5dpt: water-drink water!!!!!!!
annette R.
on 3/19/08 8:46 pm - ithaca, NY
        Good luck Margo

Margo M.
on 3/20/08 12:02 am - Elyria, OH
i'm back for a few minutes- thank you for NOT asking what i weighed this morning on day 2 of the 5dpt!!!! it was very very discouraging to not even lose a pound...hence the note to self to increase water! i napped til michael unleashed roxie girl--when we take her down thru the basement to potty(outdoors) , she barrels up the stairs and i mean full force til she finds mamma!! well- nobody warned me to cover my face while i was sleeping so she landed just about on my face and smothered me in kisses...ouch! she is becoming more of a velcro dog than less.... today we are waiting for the cable guy--no --not larry...seems that our cable boxes have died and so we shall get new ones! i tried to buy a new cell phone last nite and have to go see them in person today...too many features on most and not enough on others--and i want a free one!!!! so i have to be choosy!!! after i shower i think i am going to go.....omg.....apply for a job...ouch! not that i really want to but i must face the reality of not having money in this house...it really does tend to cramp the style...and we make too much with his soc sec and workers comp to get any relief like food stamps or anything else for that matter! i can't even get money to go to school due to my income in 2006 still being what they base FAFSA on....when i was working full time... so--guess i should quit procrastinating and get self into the shower and get to the job place....still haven't figured out if michael can stay home by himself long enough not to screw this up--i am getting a bit tired of this--i have walked away from two pretty decent jobs in part due to him... strike that- i don't want flamed here.... marti ...i shared the realtor news with michael and he was amazed to think it is happening in wisconsin ( sorry- everything is better in wisconsin than ohio in his eyes! i keep offering to send hhim back to wisconsin but he won't go!!!!! so it's a sore subject!--but he was amazed to find out that it does happen...) hugs and prayers to all...
annette R.
on 3/19/08 9:08 pm - ithaca, NY
There was so much saddness on the OFF board. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Wednesdays are wearing me out. The day is long and made worse when all 3 individuals are in high spirits as they were yesterday. A headache hit around 9 AM and continued until I went to bed at 9:30 PM. For the first time in months, I slept all night and didn't wake up until almost 6 AM. Headache is gone too.  My office area needs a good cleaning. Papers are stacked rather than filed, books have been knocked over (thanks Annie) desk area is a disaster, it looks as if an office supply store unloaded here. Not going to get cleaned today. My plans are to work on some birdhouses, go out to lunch with my friend and possibly go shoe shopping. No housework or laundry, I may not even cook dinner - a "ME DAY" is in order.  Kisses Annette

Joyce S.
on 3/19/08 9:37 pm, edited 3/19/08 9:37 pm - Dennis, MA
Good Morning Annette and Family,   I just got John off to work and am hoping the tylenol kicks in soon. I slept fairly decent ,considering - woke up about every hour readjusted postions and went back to sleep , but now that I'm up I feel more discomfort. So my plans for the morning are to go hang out in the recliner, read and doze . The housework will wait and we're having leftovers for dinner so I don't have to cook. I will be at the museum this afternoon , I just can't lay around all day. Besides I said I'd be there and hate to not follow through when I tell someone I'd do something ....guess that goes back to my childhood- my folks were good for making those kinds of promises to me and not keeping them.... funny how after all these years it still affects me..... hmmmm, fuel for thought eh ?    So...  what are everyones' plans for Easter ? We haven't made any this year. I may fix a nice meal for just the 3 of us , nothing special and then again I could always plant a little notion about dining out ? OOOOOOOO now that sounds like a plan !

Joyce S.

Pat R.
on 3/19/08 10:23 pm - Sturgis, MI
Morning all.....

Tried to sleep in a little, but couldn't so up and on the exercise bike for the 30 minute ride, plus lifting weights.
This is day five of trying to get this routine to become a habit.....only 16 days to go - lol!

Have towels in the washer and having my cup of decaf while reading the posts.

Have church this evening and only one student this afternoon, so I will plan to go to the 4:30 service. Other than that I have absolutely nothing planned for today. Did my grocery shopping yesterday afternoon so I could get my 5% senior discount. Bought a really small semi-boneless ham, fresh mushrooms, fresh asparagus, and fresh broccoli for Easter Dinner. Will be just the three of
us so not going to cook bunches of food.

Got turned down by the landlord on remodeling my bathroom.....I was really bummed. May just do a few things myself.....they wouldn't even pay for painting my bedroom!

The sun is actually shining this morning, but it's in the high twenties and frosty outside.

To all who are mourning or in personal pain, I send my love and hugs....you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat R.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Margo M.
on 3/20/08 12:06 am - Elyria, OH
pat how long have you lived there? do they not see the value of improving their home?? sometimes you really have to wonder about ppl who are landlords...
Pat R.
on 3/20/08 2:26 am - Sturgis, MI
Margo, I have lived here almost 12 years. I have put quite a bit of money into this home on my own. Unfortunately, the property was left to the church where I belong....they are the landlords, and they plain don't want to spend any money on it. If I had the money I'd buy it....it's a duplex and the rent from the other side would no doubt make the payment, but I'm sure they don't want to sell -- they're getting over $1300 a month in rent from we two ladies who live here.

I will probably pay for some improvements in the bathroom out of my pocket, but it won't be the total remodel that it sorely needs....and I will pay for someone to paint the bedroom too.....I don't do ladders anymore.
Am waiting to find a new bedspread -- have something in mind, but just haven't found it yet..

Pat

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
KathiKins
on 3/20/08 12:50 am - CA
Hi Pat, Sorry to hear about the landlord turning you down for the remodel.  Are you allowed to do anything on your own?   I see the commercial for Home Depot on tv where they say you don't have to do alot to make a big difference.  Not sure how much needs remodeled but I hope you can make a difference without spending a fortune! Kathi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1140 views