unday Morning First-timer

Just_Jane
on 5/14/11 5:02 pm, edited 5/15/11 5:04 am - Plymouth, MI
Never have been up at the right time to do thid before. Post away!

Looks like I was so excited that I lost the S. Sorry.

Patricia R.
on 5/14/11 9:37 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Jane,
Happy Sunday to you.  I was on a mission yesterday, to deep clean my bedroom.  It was not as nice as I liked, and I had to get guck off my nice wooden furniture, and sticky stuff off my carpet.  Today is vaccuum the disaster.  Everything else is where it needs to be. 

Today is walking the dog, worship at church, and watching my Phillies game.  Sometime today, my ex is stopping by to pick up his jumper cables.  He had lent them to our daughter, and she took them back to Michigan when she went home in April.  I brought them back to him.  I am also asking his help in fixing my bed, because one of the slats that holds the box spring in the frame slipped, and I have something under it holding it from falling completely through, plus books between the mattress and boxspring so that I don't slide down the bed.  LOL

I am also waiting for my landlord to fix the fuse that handles my dryer, because my dryer stopped working again in the middle of a load, and it usually means the fuse blew.  I mentioned it to his wife, and also texted him about it, coz it was not done by 10:30 last night.  They live downstairs, and have access to the basement and the fusebox. 

I hope everyone has a nice day.  The temps here dropped considerably after a brief rain, and I am not happy about it.  Too cool for me for this time of year.  I like high 70s.  It was like high 60s, and damp.  Not good for my achy joints.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

grammylew
on 5/14/11 10:14 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
A lovely Sunday morning here. Had T-storms again overnight and everything is washed clean. I love it when God waters my flowers. After my treadmill this morning I went out and trimmed the low branches on our weeping willows and tried to shape the holly tree. Our landscaping service is supposed to prune the bushes and trees 'near the house' and apparently they don't consider them near enough!! So I did it. Have to do stuff early before the humidity hits!
Now I need to shower and get dressed for the day. I expect boys for BLT Sunday before too long.
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 5/15/11 9:07 am - Cibolo, TX
Oh, Grammy, you are beating me in the treadmill race!  I wish you could come over here and kick my butt into gear.  Good for you for walking every day!

Vickie 

poegirl100
on 5/15/11 1:04 am - Cibolo, TX
Good Sunday morning to everyone!

I'm sitting here waiting for the phone to ring.  It's time for my weekly phone call from hubby in Saudi.  Boy, I sure do miss that man! 

Last night was a hard night for me.  First time since my surgery that I've really wanted to "eat my emotions".  I was lonely and bored and LONELY, and I just wanted to stuff my face.  I talked and talked to myself about it.  I mean, I recognized what I was feeling and why, but it was a tough go.  I finally ate a couple of dried prunes!!!  LOL!  They were sweet and I figured the extra fiber couldn't hurt!  So, crisis averted, but damn--I have to get a handle on this emotional eating!!

(And thank God I didn't have any junk food in the house!  About the worst thing I still have in my pantry are saltine crackers.)

Finished my little yellow baby blanket and started on a new little blue one.  It keeps me in my chair (and out of the kitchen) while I watch TV.  Watched "Tangled" last night.  SO CUTE!  If you haven't seen it, and you like Disney, go get it.  Great music and it's precious.

Sorted through all my tee shirts yesterday afternoon.  I got rid of about half of them.  Anything size 3X and up went to the donation box.  I'm keeping my size 2X for now, and I have a bunch of size XL for later.  My closet is looking better and better.

I also went through all my jeans.  I have 2 pair of size 20 jeans that fit right now.  I kept one and put the other in the box.  I found 3 pair of size 18, and even 1 pair of size 16.  They're folded on the top shelf, awaiting the day I can wear them again.

Not much on my agenda for today.  Plan to do a little gardening after hubby calls.  Make a run to the store for more eggs.  Maybe sort through all my pairs of shoes and see if I can winnow some of them out. That's about it. 

Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday!

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 5/15/11 4:17 am - Evansville, IN

Vickie:

Sorry you had the lonelies ... I get them all the time, which is one of my triggers to eat. If I had been home, I would have invited you to phone a friend ... me! But alas, I work nights. I am up late and usually really late, like until 2-3 a.m. So if ever you get the urge ... call me ... I'll pm you my phone number. (I'm also home during the day.)

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 5/15/11 8:34 am - Cibolo, TX
Oh, thanks, Eileen!  That's so sweet!  Next time either one of us gets LONELY, we'll call, ok?  I'll pm you my cell.

Vickie 

Monica B.
on 5/15/11 1:21 am - Emery, SD
Sober 194 days and so proud of me.
Woke up at 5:30, back to bed at 7:30, and just up....must have needed it!!
Tstomrs, but sun now and lower temps expected for week in the mid 80's.
Son, Angus, arrived at his big sisters and first leg of journey westward. Sara put up pic and Bolo is so big, he will be 1 in a few weeks. I am having fun going through new  photo program, discarding so many duplicate and bad pic to free up space on computer. Computer is almost like new again after my successful vist to Best Buy for diagnostic help and advice. Glad I listenend to Jess and went there. I have had to do the "work" and it scared me a little (lot), but I did it. Grateful that Mark, the Geek Squad manager, was so gentle and patient with me, giving me the recipes necessary to get the computer working better.
Not  much planned, hubby just up too again.
Lets send out prayers to Bev in CT. Haven't really heard from her since her Disney trip. I think of her daily and hope that she is enjoying each day and feeling OK as she lives through cancer and treatment.
Hugs, Monica

Bev_M
on 5/16/11 4:20 pm - Shelton, CT
Lap Band on 05/21/07 with
Thanks Monica.  Actually, I have been feeling quite well lately.   This is my week off from chemo.  I managed to get four pots planted for the deck and front steps.  AND I planted some new perennials and annuals in my flower gardens.  I hired a young man to come in and prep the beds for me with composted manure and leaf and grass compost.  So I hope the flowers will do stupendous this year.  I have one more job to do.  We have built-in brick planters on the inside of the screened-in porch and I got a tray of pink begonias to plant in there.  I have to replace the dirt in there as well because the plants haven't done well in the last two years.  I'm going to use Miracle Grow potting soil.  Hopefully that will help.
Today I went to Costco and spent $371!  Hubby teased that I must of expanded the original list that I worked on with him.  I did.  I bought 100 forever stamps at $43.75.  I paid our $50 enrollment fee for the year with Costco.  But everything I bought we needed.
I made two deposits at two different banks.  I went to the post office and mailed a few things.
When I got home I was pretty much done for the day.
Tomorrow I will do laundry and pack for my trip to a B&B in the Berkshires with my cousins and sisters.  We leave Friday morning and come back Sunday afternoon.
We have made arrangements to go Father's Day weekend to visit my son, dil and grandkids.  I can't wait.  That will also be my week off from chemo.
I'm taking full advantage of feeling better and trying to accomplish as much as possible.  And if I get tired I just stop.
Keep those thoughts and prayers coming.  They work.  This is the best I've felt since this cancer nightmare began.
Hugs,
Bev

Monica B.
on 5/16/11 8:19 pm - Emery, SD
So good to hear that you are doing well. Love it. I was born in Hartford, grew up in West Hartford and then moved to the Berkshires. Wjhere you headed there? If you travel Rt 8 and go thru Otis, MA, look for the store across from the firehouse, lived there for 20 yrs. Enjoy your trip, sounds like fun. Go have a drink of tea at the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge and sit on the porch.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1133 views