I need a hug

seasheleyes
on 7/12/11 4:17 am - Manteca, CA
I actually need more than a hug, but I would love a hug. I don't feel like writing much right now, but the nutshell is that on top of dementia it looks like Mom has cancer too. We have a meeting with the doctor in three hours (family meeting) to decide what to do. I'm so drained and sad and feeling helpless. She looks at me and closes her eyes- then another deep look. She doesn't want me to leave when it is time to go. This is even harder than when my brother was dying and I really thought that nothing could be harder than that. I know that you've all weighed in on this... I do appreciate all of the warmth you've given. I'm just trying to keep you in the loop.
Julia

Just_Jane
on 7/12/11 4:29 am - Plymouth, MI
(((((((((((((((Julia)))))))))))))))

God has his hands on you and on mom, but sometimes it is hard to see.  Her dememtia means that that she doesn't know wat she really thinks now, and leaving her is harder on you than on her.

Ironic that this is the aniversary of my mom's birth.  She died in 1977, and didn't have her faculities at the end.  Yes, I still miss her but I wouldn't have her suffering here for anything. 
Nancy H.
on 7/12/11 4:32 am - Traverse City, MI
Julia, I am so sorry. I wish I could say or do something for you & your family. You have been a wonderful daughter, always remember that. I will say a prayer for all of you.
Nan
Eileen Briesch
on 7/12/11 5:02 am - Evansville, IN
Julia, the dementia may just be part of the cancer. When my Aunt Bernice had a mass in her colon, she was getting very loopy. When they removed the mass and treated the cancer, she became more lucid. Now, she still needed to be moved into a nursing home because she couldn't walk and needed constant care, more than a 24-hour caregiver at home, but she at least knew what was going on.

I don't know if this is the case with your mom, but if it is, she might regain some notion of what's happening.

In the meantime, we are all here for you, giving you a great big cyberhug. If you need to talk, I'm home all day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

susandoeshair
on 7/12/11 6:22 am - Alexander, AR
Oh Honey, I'm so sorry to see this latest news on your mom. We're all here with you, no matter what!

Love

Susan

Pat R.
on 7/12/11 6:41 am - Sturgis, MI
Sending you a big hug, Julia.  (((((((Julia ))))))

Want to share a Bible verse with you:

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."   John 16:33

Cast your cares on the Lord, he will give you comfort and strength.

Love ya,
Pat R.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Monica B.
on 7/12/11 7:41 am - Emery, SD
My heart goes to you and yours. God grant me the serenity to accept....whatever comes my way. Prayers and hugs to you. Let us envelope you in our collective arms at this time of difficulty. Breath deeply and remember to be good to you Julia.

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 7/12/11 7:51 am - Green Valley, AZ
Sweet, sweet Julia,

I am so sad that your Mom and you and your family must go through this. I am sending big hugs out to you and prayers too. I wish I was there with you to give you a hug. Thanks for thinking of us. That is what OFF is all about. Caring about others and being here for each other.

As Ever,     Mag   

weightlossdreamer
on 7/12/11 8:38 am - Canada

Margaret

Connie D.
on 7/12/11 9:29 am
Oh Julia...HUGS, HUGS' and more HUGS!!

I am so sorry to hear this news. God Bless your Mother and God Bless you!

I am keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs.....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views