My Mom is in Hospice House

seasheleyes
on 8/1/11 9:56 am - Manteca, CA
I placed my Mom in the local Hospice House today. It is a beautiful place- I can spend the night in her room, shower there, eat- whatever. The nurse thinks she has about two weeks left, so I will be there a lot. I'm glad I took her home for a month- it worked out to be a lot of concentrated togetherness and a gift to me as much as for her. Now we say goodbye.
Julia
grammylew
on 8/1/11 10:12 am - Jacksonville, NC
Julia, I am so sorry! But you were lucky to have had the time together that you did. And it is wonderful that you can spend time at the Hospice House, too.
We had Hospice at Momma's apartment. We also had 24 hour CNA's to administer the drugs that were ordered. All my Sis and I had to do was hold Mom's hand, talk to her and remind her of how much we loved her and that it was OK to let go. Also, be there when all the staff and other residents wanted to come through and say good bye. We also cried a lot.
I am praying for you and your Mom. Be strong. Hugs are coming your way daily.

Grammylew in Jax

Patricia R.
on 8/1/11 10:45 am - Perry, MI
Oh Julia,
I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers.  It is good that you have had this time to say goodbye, and I know you will be at peace with it when the time comes.  Be strong.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 8/1/11 10:57 am - Cibolo, TX
Sweet Julia, I think we are all in awe of your strength and your love for your mom during this terribly difficult time.  We had hospice come in for Daddy at the end, but he only lasted about 2 more days after that.  So take each day you have left with your mom as a gift and understand when the time comes for her that she will finally be in a better place.  Hugs, prayers and love, sweet sister.

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 8/1/11 1:37 pm - Evansville, IN
Saw this on FB too ... glad you found a nice place for her, and for you, too. Treasure these last few weeks together. I know I remember my last week with my dad, coming home from Montana unexpectedly and then him dying while I was there. I was glad I was there to be with him, to say goodbye and to comfort my mom.
Your mom might not know what's going on or that you're there, but you'll know, and that's what's important.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 8/1/11 4:40 pm - Green Valley, AZ
My dear ((((Julia)))),

I am glad you found a wonderful place that considers your needs as well as your Mom's needs. I ditto what everyone else said. My Mom was in Hospice at our home. That's where she wanted to be with our three dogs. They all spent time with her. Irish slept with her. I'm sad for me sometimes, but I know she is in heaven with Dad and others.

I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time.   Here is a sisterly kiss.   Mag  

seasheleyes
on 8/1/11 7:18 pm - Manteca, CA
I'm up at 2 in the morning- reading and crying. I don't know why but I'm thinking how deep this pain is...she won't talk anymore and I want her to say my name. Tiny and huge things are gone forever. I know some of you (most of you) have gone through this and know what I'm just beginning to feel. Thank you all for being here.
ShirleyG
on 8/1/11 7:53 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Julia
SO terribly sad for you and the family.  Sadness at the loss of our loved ones will always be, nothing can change it if you love someone. Nothing makes it any easier .   I lost my son 2 years ago out of the blue, no warning and there are days that I am still so full of SAD, i cant think straight.   I am praying for you to be filled with peace and joy at this time and that GOD will walk with you each day ..
I am happy for you that you got to spend time with her making memories that you will treasure always..
Life is indeed a gift isnt it ? Noone an prepare for the loss either , but remember that many are praying for you and care for you even though most of us have never met ..
Hugs
Shirley
Monica B.
on 8/1/11 8:15 pm - Emery, SD
Peace be with you and your family. Yours days together will be made in love and truth of her care and comfort. I send prayers for your Mom's passage into God's hands.

mystic
on 8/1/11 9:41 pm - manchester, NJ
dearest julia

i am so sorry that you are going thru this difficult time.  i will keep you and mom in
my prayers and hope that you both will find peace in the time she has left.

hugs,

jacki

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views