Wednesday

Just_Jane
on 10/25/11 2:48 pm - Plymouth, MI
Since I'm already logged on, why not?

Jus****ched the POTUS on Jay Leno and then saw Yoyo Ma and friends.  I first saw that mandolin player when he was about nine, jamming with some professionals at a bluegrass festival in Santa Mari California.  Wow.

I hope none of you catch this cold, and that your day is exactly what you want it to be.

lightswitch
on 10/25/11 3:42 pm

I am wide awake and wishing that I had taken benadryl a little earlier.  Tonight, DH and I watched a really sappy love story.  He kept saying, I cannot see and I kept saying what and he said, see, I cannot see, and I said, Yeah, well, hell, you're blind. and he said, so I'm your blind date, and I said, what.  Then he said, hell, I may be blind, but you're deaf.  Then, he laughed and I said, what the hell are you laughing about.  He said, you.  I said, well, I guess now would be a good time to tell you that you have your shirt on inside out.  He said, what?  I said, yeah. I tried to tell you this morning but you were so proud of how quickly you were able to get dressed, and then we were leaving, so when I dropped you off at your office, I figured no one would really see you, and then, I picked you up and you got in the car, and then I didn't want to tell you but since you are laughing at me for being deafish, well, I may be deaf, but I know my inside from my outside of my shirt.  So, now he is sitting there all pouty.  

Then, my older cat jumps up and sits next to me and passes gas.  I think, with my husband's pouting and my older cats flatulence (mispelled I'm sure), I may have to go to bed and hope my benadryl kicks in and puts me to sleep.

Hope you have a good rest of the night and a great tomorrow.

Pat R.
on 10/25/11 11:53 pm - Sturgis, MI
Too funny -- but then again, not really!
Laureen S.
on 10/26/11 1:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Jeanne,

You made a joke out of your night, love it. . .  hope you have a great day!

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

grammylew
on 10/25/11 9:01 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Just a quick fly by. Did my treadmill, had my shower, had my poached egg, ready for grandson to show up for his sausage and eggs.
I am so discouraged with this sleeve. I exchanged emails and phone calls with my doctor, nutritionist and patient coordinator yesterday. I haven't lost much weight, and I never feel full and I can still eat a 6 oz. steak and a salad. I am trying to ignore head hunger and wait for real hunger. They also gave me a few other things to change up. It's easier when I am tied to my sewing machine!
Grandson here for breakfast, DIL here soon for a visit before work, then taking son to Dr.
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 10/25/11 11:40 pm - Cibolo, TX
Oh, Caroline, I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged.  Have you talked with others on OH about the sleeve yet?  Maybe your experience is typical?  Or maybe not.  Wish I had some knowledge about it, but I don't.

I do understand about the sewing machine!  If I'm busy, I forget to snack! 

Vickie 

Laureen S.
on 10/26/11 1:25 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Grammy,

Hope you find your way with the sleeve, from my understanding of the procedure, it is like a permanently placed band, only no fills and can be converted to RNY.   Perhaps it is just a stall that you're in and the other thing is, I just plain think it's hard to lose weight at our ages. . .  wishing you get the results you are seeking.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 10/25/11 11:39 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Everyone,
I am still recuperating from a bad sinus infection, with a fever and all that junk.  

Doing nothing exciting today.  Just crocheting and watching TV, and working on my Bible study.  

I posted a pic of my daughter's ultrasound on my Facebook page last night.  I am so excited.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pat R.
on 10/25/11 11:59 pm - Sturgis, MI
Here I am -- not much to report -- same old, same old....just plugging along with my part time job, and normal stuff at home.  Did get started on a second baby bib -- has my favorite color "aqua" on it, so am really enjoying it.....It says  "Peek-a-Boo" and has a puppy peeking out of a brightly colored quilt.....the colors are really pretty.  they don't know if it's a boy or girl, so thought this will fit either one -- the bib itself is ecru. 

Feeling better and better each day about the guy thing, and have some "feelers" out on a Christian dating site....still am very cautious.

Hope your sinus infection gets better Trish....good thoughts and prayers for all,

Pat r.
poegirl100
on 10/26/11 12:00 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning, my OFF sistas!

Heard from my DH this morning.  He made it safe and sound to the rig last night.  I was a little worried about how well he would do with his knee on those long flights (12 hours to Amsterdam, and then 8 hours to Bahrain), but he said it was fine.  Now he'll have to deal with all those stairs on the rig!  Everything on the rig is vertical, you know?  He typically climbs 4 or 5 flights of stairs at a time.  I'm hoping he doesn't have a problem with it all, but it's bound to better now post-surgery than it was pre-surgery.

Worked hard yesterday at cleaning out my closet.  I cleaned out my shoes!  Oy vey!  What a ton of old shoes I had.  I carried a huge box of them that I never wear anymore to the Women's Shelter, and I still have a closet full of shoes. 

I also carried a bunch of size 2X and size 1X clothes to the shelter.  These were clothes I culled out of my closet last August.  But now it's time to go through the clothes again.  My goal is to get all the "X's" out of my closet!  I have a bunch of summer tops and capris in size XL that I won't be wearing next summer.  Might as well go ahead and clean them out, too.

I have promised myself that I can have a big shopping spree next spring!  Until then, I'm making do with what I already have, except for the new size L pants I ordered from the Land's End overstock catalog.  I wish I could shop the thrift stores for pants, but I'm too tall to buy off the rack.  I either have to special order or sew my own pants to get them long enough.

Last night I made a big pot of vegetable beef soup for myself this week.  Apparently I don't know how to make a SMALL pot of soup!  LOL!  Wish I could share it with you all.  But I will freeze half of it and still have plenty to eat this week.  

I also experimented with making a sugar free cranberry sauce.  I love cranberry sauce, but I'm afraid I can't eat the jellied kind from the can anymore.  So I bought some fresh cranberries and cooked them up with a combination of agave nectar and splenda.  It turned out all right.  Pretty tart, but I think I can get used to it.  Can't have turkey and cornbread dressing without a bite of cranberry sauce to go with it!

So, busy day ahead.  I'm in deep cleaning mode here.  Not a minute too soon for this poor neglected house either!  

Love you all!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1133 views