Good Sunday Thoughts

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 10/29/11 9:00 pm - Green Valley, AZ
G.M. Everyone.

I can't believe I'm the first one here to post. It's 4AM here which means 7AM in the east. Oh, cat wants fed. I'll be back.   Mag

Patricia R.
on 10/29/11 9:19 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Mag,
I am barely awake, and so tempted to go back to sleep, and I am on the East Coast.  Hate the snow/ice we had yesterday.  Yuck.

I need to get ready for church, and see if I can venture out.  Not sure if it is icy outside.  I do not want to walk on ice with my surgical boot on one foot and regular shoe on the other.  I am already off balance without ice.

Nothing too exciting for me today.  More crocheting, cutting coupons, and watching the Eagles football game today.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 10/29/11 9:48 pm - Evansville, IN
Hi Mag and my OFF family:

I'm up because I can't sleep ... went to bed at 2 a.m., read for awhile, was really sleepy all day and then I get in bed and can't sleep. I was itchy, kept getting hot flashes, read for awhile more. Finally just gave up, came out here and watched some DVR'd shows. I'm watching "60 Minutes" from a couple weeks ago ... a story about Vincent Van Gogh ... fascinating.

Not much else going on. I got some ice water and some Sleepytime tea, hoping the water will cool me off and the tea will ... well ... make me sleepier and get me some sleep.

Juliette was snuggled up to me, purring away ... you would think it would relax me. But I couldn't sleep. This is the third night I've had problems.

Well, maybe I'll get some sleep later. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

grammylew
on 10/29/11 10:10 pm - Jacksonville, NC
You know, Eileen, there was a segment on Dr. Oz the other day about people not getting enough sleep and how wide spread it is and how dangerous.
I have used prescription sleep aids for years. I have tried many different ones over the years.. I began with Ambian, and now I am on Doxipen. After awhile I guess my body gets used to each one. The trouble with sleep aides is, they generally say take as needed. Well, you don't know you need it till you have been tossing and turning for 3 hours. If you take it then, you're groggy the next morning. I have the same problem with my RLS medicine. It stops being effective and the doc has to change it to something else. And forget taking it as needed. By the time my legs start dancing I don't wanna wait 20 or 30 min for the meds to kick in.
I just take them each daily and I don't have to deal with either problem!

Grammylew in Jax

Eileen Briesch
on 10/29/11 10:18 pm - Evansville, IN
Yes, Caroline, I use some drugs to help me sleep, because fibromyalgia is essentially a sleep disorder. However, none of them appear to be working lately. I feel strange turning on the a/c when it's 36 degrees outside, but I might have to do that if I can't get comfortable.

My sleep aids are Elavil, Neurontin and my pain killers. They usually pretty much knock me out. But obviously something isn't working lately.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

grammylew
on 10/29/11 11:36 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Eileen, both my Dad and DH tried Neurontin for their diabetic nueropothy. They both decided it made them stupid. Mom and I agreed. They both forgot how to do stuff they had done for years. It was almost like Dementia, but it started fast! After each checking with their docs it seems that can be a side effect for some people. So, they both stopped taking it!

Grammylew in Jax

Eileen Briesch
on 10/30/11 3:05 am - Evansville, IN
I hope it doesn't make me stupid. I've been taking it for a few years and the only thing I noticed is it makes me sleepy at night. I was given it to a) help me sleep; and b) help with the nerve damage due to the disc degeneration in my back. I have less tingling in my foot since taking it. Can't say I'm any more stupid than I was before (LOL); I have just as many senior moments as I did before taking it ... I forgot words at times at work, but hey, I'm over 50 and have fibromyalgia, which means I have fibro fog at times ... I can blame that.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

grammylew
on 10/29/11 9:53 pm, edited 10/29/11 10:11 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.

Trish, STAY home. Don't chance going out with that boot on. Blac**** is treacherous! Anyone in that NE snowy area, hunker down, get out the extra blankets if your electricity is out, and enjoy a good book. We don't want any of our OFF family being hurt because of the weather. And this year we have had a lot of dangerous weather of every kind!

I am still waiting for pictures from the Halloween party last night. I imagine it was a late night and sending me pictures is not a priority for my DIL, but dang it (stomping my foot), I wanna see them!!

I tried calling my Sis yesterday, she lives near Albany, NY and got no answer. I will try all day today. I am hoping she and her hubby faired OK in that storm!

I'll get the bacon going for BLTs, but I don't imagine I will see anyone until close to noon.

Everyone have a fantastic day!

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 10/30/11 12:43 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Mag!  It's nice to see you start the thread!  And good morning to everyone else.

Just got off the phone with my DH.  He is very busy.  We got interrupted more than we got to talk.  As I feared, he is doing too much on his knee, but he says it can't be helped.  On the rig, they pull 12 hour shifts (or tours, as they are called), but since my husband is the only barge engineer, his job is really more of a 24 hour tour with naps when he can get them.  I'm worried about him overdoing it, but other than remind him to take it easy, there's not much I can do from this end.

Yesterday was an awful day for me.  My youngest daughter got sick and had to go to the ER.  It's so hard to be so far from her!  She was having severe abdominal pain.  They decided she had a very severe UTI and sent her home with a butt-full of antibiotics and pain killers.  I have yet to hear from her this morning, and I don't want to call in case she is sleeping.  I know other grandmother was keeping Benny so she could rest.

Gee, I guess I should bake muffins more often!  I lost another pound this morning.  Tee hee!  It was a nice surprise, but somehow I feel like I escaped the hangman's noose!  I would have expected the scale to move up not down.  I'd better get back on track today.

Nothing much planned for today.  Do some more cleaning, wash the sheets, and crochet.  Not real exciting, but that's okay.  I'm content to be home today.

Hope all our sistas up north are staying warm and safe!  Grammy is right: stay home, hunker down with a hot cuppa, and read a good book.

Love you all!

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 10/30/11 3:11 am - Evansville, IN
Vickie, your hubby sounds like my dad. ... Always overdoing it. My dad had hip replacement surgery on both hips back in the 1980s. On the second hip, he was back home on rehab and decided the porch needed painting. My mom knew he would be up early, so she told my brothers to be at the house at 8 a.m. to paint it before he got up to do it. So they were there early ready to start so he wouldn't overdo it. The stubborn old man (he was in his 50s at the time) got up at 7 and started painting it less than a week after hip replacement, before my brothers got there. My mom could have killed him (not really, although she was really upset with him).

Sadly, he didn't live long enough to get much use out of the hips Uncle Sam gave him (he had them done at the Vets hospital ... he was a WWII Vet with shrapnel in his legs). He died when he was 62 from colon cancer and prostate cancer and kidney disease.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!