Monday Moaning?

Just_Jane
on 12/11/11 1:07 pm - Plymouth, MI
 Since I'm still up, I thought I would say hi.  Details to follow.
Just_Jane
on 12/11/11 1:16 pm - Plymouth, MI
 Life has been hectic the last two weeks.  Dad now has a pacemaker, and 89th birthday survived, and is staying with me for "a few days" until he is fully recovered.  

I'm finding myself sneaking food as I run errands, back to childhood habits.  I will deal with it, but it amazes me.

Hope all is well for most and that most is better for all!
Laureen S.
on 12/11/11 10:40 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi JJ and OFFr's,

Hope your Dad makes a quick recovery.  Funny how I found out recently by sharing it outloud, that sneak eating is something many of us still do on occasion. . .

I'm also in a hectic period, right now my house is in total disarray, as I am in the middle of getting it painted and while it will be nice when done, I'm sure you get the picture, right now I have drapes lying in my garden tub, for lack of a place to put them, at least we finally got the kitchen back together last night, which is good since I have cooking and baking to do for a holiday party in our office on Thursday. . .  it will be good, but right now I'm tired and cranky, even as I went to bed at 8:30 last night. . .  right now I'm looking for less grumpy and more gratitude, oh a whole list of things to be grateful about . . .  healthy, family, friends, job, wonderful 98.6 lbs. Rottweiler that purrs when I pet her, life is good today, I'm just having a less that good day in my head. . .

Thanks for listening and hope you all have a wonderful day, sending out good wishes for peace and strength to those facing serious life challenges.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 12/11/11 11:53 pm
Good morning Jane and everyone.....

Jane...it has been so long since you posted...glad to see you this morning!  Food...very difficult isn't it.....UGH.

Jeannie..."vegamatic"  you are so funny. Thanks I needed a chuckle this morning!

Laureen.....you are brave painting during the holidays!!

Vickie....so glad you were able to escape. I think you really need this break. One thing you forgot was to come and pick me up and take you with me....LOL.  Sounds like your car is working out great for you and that is wonderful.

Trish.....guess you need the extra sleep. I am sure you can reschedule even if it is a pain to do so. Try to relax a little today.

Karen.....always love to see your smiling face!!

As for me I am feeling better today. I still have a headache and my tummy gets cramps but overall much better.
I got Grace off to school this morning and that went well.
I am sure I will be spending plenty of time on the couch today.
We put up our Christmas Tree last night. It is so pretty. I shouldn't say we...I laid in the recliner. I had a small table top tree about 3 feet tall. Miss Gracie now has it in her room all decorated and lit up. She couldn't wait to tell her friend at school all about it!!

Think I will go for now and relax a bit before it is time to get Grace.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d
lightswitch
on 12/11/11 7:44 pm

Hey Girl,

How the hell are you?  

Today: work, exercise, struggle with my food intake and calorie output.  I try not to flirt with old men but still flirt a little with young men.  My husband is still old and every day when I wake up and put my glasses on, I wonder wtf?  When did he get so old and why the hell do I look so good when he looks so old!!!

But, then, I look in the mirror and this little old woman looks back and I go, who the hell are you?  When did my Nanny get so skinny?  Ouch, that's me.  

Today work, exercise, struggle with food intake and calorie output: hello, my name is Jeannie and I'm a foodoholic, not to be compared to a vegamatic.  

Hope all of your day is good and if any of you…and I mean any of you find the fountain of youth, please call.   

karen C.
on 12/11/11 10:39 pm - Kennewick, WA
Jeannie, You do light up my life! Thanks for the morning visual. I too am amazed at how old others my age took Thank goodness for nearsightedness on my part!

Karen C

Patricia R.
on 12/11/11 9:58 pm - Perry, MI
Hi,
I am Trish, from Pennsylvania.  

Today is already screwed up for me.  I overslept and missed my iron infusion appointment.  Darn.  Now, I have to play phone tag with the hematologist's to reschedule it.  I am not happy about this turn of events.  I did not hear my alarm.  

I have group therapy tonight.  My boring life.  I am still working on the bedspread I am making my Princess.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 12/11/11 11:09 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Just Jane and my OFF sistas!

Well, greetings from Waco.  I arrived here yesterday evening.  As I predicted, Christie threw a fit yesterday morning when she found out I was planning to visit her sister this week, and I made the decision not to return home after dropping Butch at the airport in Houston.  So I threw my stuff together (in a hurry!) and spent all day driving up and down the length of Texas yesterday.  But that's okay.  I'm here now and all settled in.  Don't know how long I'll have to stay here, but I'm not returning home until Christie has either gone or I have some other family members there to run interference between us.

So while I am here, I plan to make myself useful.  Carrie is in grad school and just so busy all the time with her research.  She rarely has time to clean house or cook for herself.  So, with her permission, I'm going to help her out a bit.  Today's mission is to clean out her refrigerator and then go to the store to stock up on some good food for us this week.  I'll cook dinners for us all week long, although I promised to take her and some of her friends out to dinner one night.  I want to meet them and I remember how excited I used to get when I was in college and someone treated me to dinner.

The new car is just lovely and handled like a dream yesterday.  I was so very comfortable driving all those hours yesterday.  Played with the new Sirius radio the whole way.  Yes, Eileen, it IS great!  Had a great time sampling different stations along the way.  Not too sure what I think of the built-in nav system.  It's very complicated.  Not at all like my Garmin was.  But I'm sure I'll adjust.  I still have to laugh at the voice recognition thingie.  Yesterday I said "phone" for a command and it thought I said "home".  Then I said "Call Carrie" and it thought I said "library".  LOL!  Why don't it understand Texas twang?!?!  LOL!

Heard from my sweet hubby.  He made it to Amsterdam.  Now on to the Red Sea.  The rig has been moved to a new location, not far from where Moses parted the Red Sea.  Apparently it is a very sensitive environmental location.  Lots of regs about handling things like the borings that come up out of the well.  They have to be collected, contained, and then they truck them to the middle of the desert to dump them.  So he'll have a lot of new policies to institute and then oversee while they are there.

I still can't believe he'll be gone for 5 whole weeks this time.  Have I mentioned I'm ready for him to retire?

Well, I'd better close.  I need to fix a bite of breakfast and get dressed for the coming day.  I didn't bring a lot of clothes with me.  I might have to buy a few things while I'm here.  I have a pair of jeans, a pair of sweat pants, and one pair of corduroy pants with me.  I might need a couple more long sleeved tops to go with them.  There's the neatest resale shop here called Another Season.  I might go see what they have.

Love you all!

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 12/12/11 1:21 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Jane and my OFF family:

Jane, good to see you again. You've been gone a while. I have a new job to go to soon. Just waiting to hear about the drug screen. Hoping to hear this week so I can give my official notice. I want to be out of this place.

I don't know how I'll have the money to move. I checked into emptying out my 401k, and I can't do that until I'm actually out of here; then it's 60 days after I'm gone that I can get that money. So that's not a real option. Like I said, don't know how I'll get the money. They do give me moving money, but not until after I move and give them receipts.

Cleaning fairy is here, and boy, does this place need it. It's a mess. I wanted to get something done around here this morning, but I'm just too tired. I'm having spasms in my leg, my left one. It keeps giving out on me.

Well, have a good day. I'm enjoying my coffee and then need to get out and do something eventually.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 12/12/11 1:28 am, edited 12/12/11 1:35 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Jane and OFF family,

WOW so much going on these days. You all sound like your days are soooo busy. Connie: get well soon. Thinking of all others. Prayers anytime day or night. Just ask.

Fell asleep in my chair 2 nights in a row. Stiff neck today. Going to call and cancel PT and OT today. Too much pain. Calling my surgeon's (ortho) PA about the severe pain going up the back of my upper leg. Let you know what they say.    Hugs to all,   Mag

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1133 views