Good Day for a Monday

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 1/8/12 7:22 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hello to all this fine Monday,

I was so tired last night I went to bed at 6:30. Slept until 3:10 and now am wide awake. I was able to feed and give water to Bella so Ellen has had an extra 1/2 hour sleep. The darn cat wants to eat between 3 and 4 am. Nothing we have tried to change it has worked. strange cat, but part of a strange household. lol.

My computer is acting up. Ran my McAfee and it said no problems. I ran Malware (free) and it showed 139 potential risks that were fixed. I thought that would be the end of it, but "NO." Still being super slow and sometimes freezing up. Don't know what else to do.
    Good good day to everyone of my OFF peeps.
   Hugs,    Mag

grammylew
on 1/8/12 9:29 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Mag, I hope your 'puter "straightens up and flies right!" I have Norton and when my 'puter is slow I call them. They 'take over' my puter while I sit and watch. They always ask me before they do something, but they get rid of junk that can slow it down, consolidate stuff that also can slow it down. If I could write fast enough, I would write down everything he does so I could do it myself and save $40!!!
Today I have to go to OMH and get some labs done and pick up my barium I have to take before my CT scan on Wednesday. That stuff tastes BAAAAAAAD! I will have to reschedule my appt with my chemo oncologist in Feb since I'll be in OR taking care of my granddaughter. The doc would just be going over the labs and CT scan, ask me how I feel, feel up my lymph nodes and send me on my way. All of that can wait for 2 weeks!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

cindibarre
on 1/8/12 9:34 pm - Danforth, ME
Good Morning Mag and OFF Friends to follow-

Up early today to go to the new chiropracter.  Have xrays from other guy and a packet of paper they asked me to fill out.

Did not sleep well last night due to a power failure.  No CPAP machine which resulted in broken sleep.  Then hip pain woke me up at about 3 am. 

Went to Winnie Trade Days on Saturday.  It's a giant flea market they hold in Winnie one weekend a month.  Bought a new bird feeder for Maine.  Did a lot of walking which might be why the hip pain last night.  Vickie thought of you because there was one vendor there selling kitchen hardware.  Might be worth the gas to drive down to check it out.  There might even be a trade day up in your neck of the woods.

Not much else happening today.  We're supposed to get rain and I'm going to run errands after the chiropracter.  Tonight is water fitness class.  Have a great day everyone and sending positive vibes to those in need.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
poegirl100
on 1/9/12 2:10 am - Cibolo, TX
Cindi,

We have one of the largest trade days in the world up here.  Canton Trade Days draws in folks from 4 states!  It's held the 1st Monday weekend each month.  I'll be all tied up with Butch for the one in Feb, but I could go in March!  Will you still be here then? 

I am free this weekend.  You want to go do something?

Vickie 

cindibarre
on 1/9/12 10:07 am - Danforth, ME
Vickie-

I'm up for something this weekend provided the chiropracter puts my back into alignment tomorrow.  I was up at 3 am with screaming sciatica pain.  What did you have in mind? 

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
grammylew
on 1/9/12 1:54 am, edited 1/9/12 1:54 am - Jacksonville, NC
Well, I went to get my labs done and picked up my barium for my CT scan on Wednesday. I have been there many times. The gal that checks you in asked if I had a living will and medical poa. I said yep, you have a copy. She said they changed 'systems' so they need another one. Gee, I wonder what else they lost from the old system! No important medical records I hope.

I had made a salad for our son before I left. He came for his lunch while I was gone and he and my DH were both napping. They put something on TV they call "educational yet boring" so they can nod off.

Nothin' happenin' the rest of the day!

Grammylew in Jax

Judy G.
on 1/9/12 1:55 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...well today is nice once again and the sun is out...yippeeeee!!!!!!!!

Got a letter in the mail from where I have the truck financed through and they said I do not have coverage on the truck! Sooo I called insurance co and told them this news. She is looking in it and will get back to me after I faxed her some info she needed. I know I paid for the dam insurance so why this now??? GRRRRR

Took a stool sample in to thevet to have Bandit checked for worms. Tests came back NEGATIVE. OK so why am I seeing some spaghetti like strings in his poop? They ran all parasites in the tet so was told to look at the poop when he goes and see if it continues or gets more in it. Might just be some food he is eating. He doesn't get much people food because it gives him the "runs". He is on Heartworm and also Frontline for fleas. They said that was great...so have to wait and "look" every time and see if anything shows up again. Sighs....lots of fun today huh? LOL

Have a recertification at 2 today. Be the first one I do alone. Got all the paperwork ready and hope she has all hers ready for me. :-)

Well lunch break is over for today so back to work I must go.

Thoughts and Prayers for all that need them!!!

HUGS

Eileen Briesch
on 1/9/12 2:13 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Mag and my OFF family:

Not much happening here. Watched football yesterday; great Broncos game, very exciting. Then I watched Northern Illinois, my alma mater, whip Arkansas State, in the GoDaddy.com Bowl.  Unpacked some boxes ... even the ones marked videos, just to get them out of the way and give me more space. I think this apartment is going to be a challenge to find places to put things. It's a bit smaller than my old place, especially the kitchen. There are no cabinets underneath for pots and pans.

Juliette hacked up a bit hairball this morning, just as I was waking up. I think I was able to get it all up from the carpet (new carpet at that).

In between games yesterday, I ran out to do a little shopping: Dollar Tree ($10: six ice cube trays, two forks, two knives, two tablespoons, set of paring knives, package of paper plates, cookie sheet and a baking pan ... until I find mine ... who knew dollar stores sold flatware?); Walgreen's and Schnuck's, the local grocery store. At least now I have something to eat with and cook on now. 

Have a good day. I'm back at work again tonight. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 1/9/12 2:25 am, edited 1/9/12 2:28 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning, my OFF sistas!

It's raining, it's pouring, the people in Texas are rejoicing!  I have puddles the size of small lakes in my pastures.  It's a beautiful sight!  Maybe the lakes will start to fill back up again.  Do you all remember the Challenger explosion from several years ago?  Pieces of the shuttle fell all over our county.  It was tragic.  Well, this past summer with the drought, the lakes got so low that big huge chunks of the space shuttle were discovered in a couple of our local lakes.  None of us can ever remember seeing the water levels this low. 

My weekend with Chris and Benny was fine.  Thank goodness!  No more trauma/drama.  I did really enjoy keeping Benny, but boy, was my back sore by yesterday.  He’s getting so big.  Weighed 25 lbs on my scales.  Felt more like 50 lbs the last few times I carried him up and down the stairs.  LOL!  I have to admit I was very content for them to leave yesterday afternoon.  As a good friend of mine always says about her grandkids:  “love to see ‘em come; love to see ‘em go!"   

I slept really late today.  Now THIS is why I am retired.  All I could think this morning was how happy I was not to be having to drag myself up to work on a rainy cold Monday morning. 

Okay, I have decided that I need to do something definitive to break this stall I have been in since before Thanksgiving.  I started my day with a protein drink, and I plan to have a 3-day all protein diet.  NO more CARBS!  I baked some chicken legs yesterday, and I also have some of my protein soup packets left.  I must be eating too many carbs again.  It's very hard not to "comfort" eat when Butch is gone anyway, and then because it is cold and winter, I am really wanting more and more "comfort" food.  Enough comfort!  I didn't come this far to stall out at 90 lbs. 

Mag, try the AVG anti-virus program.  You can download the free program.  I like it much better than McAfee.  I buy the upgraded version for all my computers. However, it sounds like a trip to the computer doctor is in order for your poor 'puter.

Lots to do today, so I'd better get to it.  I slept half the day away this morning.  Hope you all are having a good Monday.

Love you all!

Vickie 

Debbiejean
on 1/9/12 8:08 am - Shelbyville, MI
Good afternoon/evening OFF family, busy day here at work but wanted to say howdy.
This week will be a busy one for me as I'm picking up grandson from school this week, before I know it...it's time for work! Hugs Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views