Ramblings

Just_Jane
on 6/18/12 1:50 pm - Plymouth, MI
 Since I'm already logged in, I thought I should say hi.

Just saw "Melting Mama," as we knew her on Obesity Help on ABC late night news talking about alcohol abuse and wls.  She sounded rational and looked great.  Her point was that wls doesn't fix our heads, which seemed to surprise the reporter. 

Six years ago I was lolling on the couch surrounded by water bottles and protein shake remnants.  What a long strange trip it's been, to quote some old band.

I read almost daily and pray for you all often but try not to post unless I have something of importance to say.

I wondered why that ball kept getting larger and larger and then it hit me.

Patricia R.
on 6/18/12 10:27 pm - Perry, MI
Please drop in on our daily check ins and let us know how you are doing.  One of the problems associated with morbid obesity is that we isolate and begin to believe we don't really matter.  We need a safe community of support to draw upon.

I am a recovering alcoholic, and was already sober in AA when I picked up one year post op and had a two year relapse.  I knew about the problems of drinking alcohol post op, but picked up anyway.  Long story.  

Please check in with us regularly.  Your input here does matter.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 6/19/12 1:13 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Jane,
     I agree with Trish. my posting is a good thing even if it sounds mundane to me. I get so much out of posting. I get things out of reading too. It is such a win-win situation. I wouldn't be where I am today without this forum. Please post.    Mag   

Connie D.
on 6/19/12 2:36 am
Good morning Jane....it is wonderful to see your post this morning. Thank you for posting. I am glad to hear you do check in even though you don't post. I would love to see more of you....post every now and then to let us know you are doing okay. Everything any of us say here is important.Even though I do post boring things sometimes!! We need to share. It is better then therapy!!

I fell asleep last night and missed the program on ABC. I was so mad because I really wanted to see it. It sounded like it would have been good information.

See you again soon I hope!!

HUGS....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 387 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1188 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1197 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1133 views