Very Early Hump Day

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 8/22/12 4:03 am - Green Valley, AZ
Good Morning All,

I haven't been to sleep yet. I forgot to take my bedtime pills (2 of which help me sleep.) It's 4am here. If I take them now I'll sleep all day. Might as well pull an all nighter and just go to bed early tonight.
    A few hours ago my cat was jumping and pouncing around. He was playing with a SNAKE. In my office!!!!!! I grabbed the cat and closed him in the bathroom. I couldn't find anything to hit it with so I jumped on his head as hard as I could. I picked it up with tongs and he was still alive. I tossed him in the garbage. I let the cat out, but he kept trying to get into the garbage. Let me tell you there was no way I was going to sleep after that. He was a sidewinder which means he was probably venomous. Hope he dies so I can look at him closer. It was not a rattler.  How in the world did he get in? Thank God he didn't bite Bela.
Never had that happen before. In the warm weather they like to lay out in driveways and on sidewalks. That I can handle. So that's my interesting life.

Prayers for all. Love and Hugs,    Mag

Jo W.
on 8/22/12 4:58 am - Owosso, MI
Good morning Off friends
  snakes and I have a great agreement  I ignore them and they ignore me!  I am sitting here in the computer room watching 6 perpetual notional machines run around!  i still have the baby kittens  as they need a round of antibiotics for goopy eyes and icky ears.    they go to their new homes tomarrow i will miss the little pests     this weekend we are off to Benzonia to help my best Friend and her hubby do some moving stuff ,  her dad died and they are having an estate sale very soon  so are taking some some stuff to the family cottage so Steve and I are going to help with the hauling in and out.     well Steve will help  haul  I am helping clean.   
Prayers going up for all friends on here   Hope to hear from Carla soon  that she did OK with her surgery   
 have a good Tuesday everyone
grammylew
on 8/22/12 5:19 am - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Mag, how brave!! I'm not sure what I would have done, but I'm sure it would NOT include jumping on it!
DIL stopped by this morning on her way to work. She had some things to be mailed to the new baby. So I'll be making a trip to the PO this morning. Then home for more crochet. I am pushing to get this big afghan done before I go to my Sister's.
Our son won't be stopping for lunch today. His neurologist has him doing a 24 hour sleep study! He gets to spend the day reading, eating, napping, then sleeping tonight. He already had a sleep study some time ago. He doesn't have sleep apnea. This has something to do with his PTSD and/or the lipoma in his brain.
Our daughter is in Seattle on business. Her attorney is supposed to be typing up the divorce agreement.
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Patricia R.
on 8/22/12 9:30 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Mag and OFF,
Well, I failed to pay my cable/internet bill on time, so I was without service this morning.  I couldn't even get through to a customer service rep to pay it, so it took all morning to het things taken care of.

Now, it is starting to rain, and Utley wants to sit on my lap.

I am heading to my volunteer work, and then to the campaign office for more.  Last night, I helped volunteer at my church's food pantry.  We gave food to 12 families.  What a blessing.  It's not much, but they can come every two weeks for food, and the amount we give them is based on the size of the family.  It turns out I am only scheduled to be there every other month, but I hope to go every other week, to get to know the clients, as the goal of the ministry is relationship building.  

On Saturday, we'll be packing backpacks to give school age kids for school.  On Sunday, we give them out.

Well, I have to scoot.  Have to leave for the agency.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Judy G.
on 8/22/12 9:48 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family!!!

Well I am busier than a cat covering poo!!!!!! Doing two recerts that should have been started way back in July and need to be finished by September...end of anyhow...and one has 10 dr's and omg I am so messed up in doing hers its not funny!!!! FINALLY got hers straightened out and started the other one...she gave me two different SS numbers...half her birth date is missing...so you see I am having a bad day so far today!!!!!!!!! Randy starts his crap also trying to weasel out of painting the ceiling on that apartment...I told him PAINT IT OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!! He went and painted it...hahaha!!!!!!! Got a call this morning from the main office asking if we wanted to go to Cedar Point...all paid except our gas to and from! SURE!!!! So we are going!!!!!! Never been there before and jus****ching those rides on TV scare the hell out of me but I am going!!!!!!!!!! Need to get the hell scared out of me and maybe I will feel better huh?? LOL

OK lunch is over with so back to those recerts...grrrrrr

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!

HUGS

Eileen Briesch
on 8/22/12 10:35 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Mag and my OFF family:

Ugh, snakes! I hate snakes! (Summoning up my best Indiana Jones there.) And fleas ... Juliette has a bad case of fleas, even with the flea meds ... and they're in the house, in the carpet ... ick! I have to bomb the apartment Friday when I take Juliette to the vet in the morning. She gets a cortisone shot and some more flea meds, I bomb the house and stay out of it for the morning. Hopefully, we'll get rid of the fleas. I saw one crawling on me today. Yuck!

I had my 6-month evaluation yesterday and it was all good ... my boss couldn't say enough good about me, so I was happy. I think I'm harder on myself than anyone. I beat myself up about mistakes. He was OK about what I was still beating myself up about ... he said everyone makes mistakes but we just have to learn from them. So I was happy about that.

My back procedure got moved up to next Tuesday, and my boss said he could make that work with my days off, so I'm happy with that. Now, my knee surgery, we don't know about. We are so short-staffed right now. I might have to postpone the knee surgery. I don't want to, but if we don't have enough people, I might have to.

Well, back to work today at 2:30 p.m. Having a second cup of coffee right now, brewing coffee for iced coffee for work. Got to get into the shower soon and get ready for work not too long after. Have a good day everyone.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

annette R.
on 8/22/12 10:58 am - ithaca, NY
Eileen,

We used to have a dog with outrageous flea allergies. Nothing worked on him.  The Vet suggested we get garlic pills at the health food store and give him one a day.

I know it is not easy to get pills down a cat and impossible to hide them in their food. Fussy little buggers.

I had a plastic pill thingy for our old Joey cat. It looked like a tampon and sure helped get pills down him every day. I got it from the Vet but have seen them in Petsmart.

I inserted the pill in the tube, coated it with butter and down the throat it went. Joey was so busy licking the butter off his face he forgot to spit out the pill.

Ask your Vet if that might work for Juliette. Some things are not good for cats, so better to be safe.

Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Eileen Briesch
on 8/22/12 11:03 am - Evansville, IN
Ok, I'll look into it. I also looked at some natural flea stuff online. Money is really tight because I have to go to the vet with her, get the flea meds and pay on my bill, too. I have a cleaning lady coming on Friday, too. After the flea bomb, she might be able to clear out the fleas.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

mermaidoz
on 8/22/12 11:21 am - Canada
Poor Juliette, I take it she is an indoor cat, so how did she catch the fleas?  Obviously they have multiplied and colonized your place....Good luck with the Terminator Bomb...
Eileen Briesch
on 8/22/12 12:47 pm - Evansville, IN
Yes, she's indoor only ... but they can jump on me and come in from the outdoors, or come in through the screen when I have it open. Or maybe I picked them up from that crappy laundry facility that we have. Yes, they've colonized and I've gotten flea bit, too.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 388 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1189 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!