Day four of getting back to basics...

Musicmama88
on 7/2/15 5:34 am - Danville, IN

So far so good. I cut out most carbs and have been eating protein first, and trying to not drink when I eat...thats the hardest habit to break tho! But I will keep at it. I have been eating cottage cheese, oatmeal, made some peanut butter protein balls, egg yolks, salad with tuna, and had some very finely shredded chicken and a shredded baked pork chop. Im figuring it out. Already have lost a lot of water. My legs were swollen for months and now they are skinny again. I'm determined to do this. I appreciate everyone who posted with advice and help.

My daughter is a personal trainer, Im going to have her set an exercise regimen for me. She told me to get on the exercise bike for 20 minutes twice a day for starters. So, today I will start that, and maybe take the dog for a walk. Baby steps,,,

Hope you all are having a great day! Its good to be back, gonna make this a daily  thing again like I did in the beginning. Its what made me decide on the surgery in the first place so I know it will help keep me motivated.

Thanks for still being here!!

Betsy

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Ready2goNOW
on 7/2/15 6:57 am

Good Morning Betsy!

Congrats on the progress you have made in such a short period of time!

I would love to know how you make the peanutbutter protein balls. I eat cheese for snacks most of the time, but have resorted to fruit to keep things moving if you know what I mean!

My legs...especially my ankles have stopped swelling w/my weight loss. I think that is 1 of the things I hate most about being fat...tree trunk ankles. They feel better, too!

I could only walk 5 minutes back in April so baby steps are how to start. I am constantly amazed & grateful that after all the abuse I have put my body thru that it seems open to reviving itself! Such a blessing!

I don't think I could have maintained my motivation w/out coming here everyday! This group is so supportive & has such unconditional love & acceptance. I know in the past I never lost more than 20 lbs, and even then it was maybe twice in my life! So I know I NEED to come here, but more importantly I WANT TO be here!

Kathy

Connie D.
on 7/2/15 9:34 am

Hello Betsy....congrats...I am so proud of you!!

Keep up the good work. I am so happy you are finding some foods to eat that will work for you. I am glad your daughter is there to help you with an exercise regimen. 

You will lose that regain and be so happy when you do!!!

Keep us updated!!

Love and hugs my friend...connie d

lightswitch
on 7/3/15 9:33 am

Betsy

Another alternative to the peanut butter balls is to use cashew butter, oatmeal, a little raisin bran flakes, and it's great for a snack...I also have made my own energy bars because I am so allergic to peanuts and lemons and most of the store bought ones have those ingredients so I make my own.  If you want the recipe, let me know.  you can control the dried fruit and nuts and you cut them up and have them to eat for a quick snack.  

I am happy you are on track again. 

Musicmama88
on 7/11/15 6:46 pm - Danville, IN

I would love the recipe!! Thank you!

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 390 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1192 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1199 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views