Food Poisoning or Stomach Flu I hope

seasheleyes
on 8/24/15 4:55 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi All,

I've been a lurker for quite some time. I used to be more active in posting but fell out of the habit.

What I'm dealing with now is troublesome. Last Tuesday I went out to eat with some friends and ordered onion rings to share. They tasted great but immediately after I ate a few I felt like I was starting to dump. I could not eat any more of my meal, taking the whole thing to my husband. I left quickly because I felt like I needed to throw up.

Now it is six days later. I have not eaten more than a small bite of the most bland things since Tuesday. I run a low grade fever off and on an I went to the emergency room on Friday night because I was so dehydrated. Yesterday I felt a bit better for a few hours and I drank fluids to beat the band. It felt so good. I was so hopeful that I was coming out of it but today I am back to throwing up again. 

I do have another appointment with my doctor tomorrow afternoon. I have lost  almost 15 pounds in a week...I just wanted to say that I am terrible about jumping to the absolute worst medical conclusion so I am definitely scared. Having the bypass does also put me at a higher risk for dehydration so it is always on my mind. I know none of you are medical practitioners but I am just wondering if any of you had gone through this. The emergency room doctor did blood counts and everything looked good. Lord this is a long haul and I am weary of the whole thing including the stress of it.

Julia

Judy G.
on 8/24/15 4:59 pm - Galion, OH

Julia hope it is nothing really serious!!!! No twisted bowel? Gosh I hope not!!! Please come back in and let us know what happened....Praying for you!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

cindibarre
on 8/24/15 5:30 pm - Danforth, ME

Julia-

Do you still have your gall bladder?  Good blood counts are good news means it's not something like an infection.

Cindi

seasheleyes
on 8/24/15 5:50 pm - Manteca, CA

Yes I do still have my gall bladder. That will definitely be an area of focus.

cindibarre
on 8/24/15 6:18 pm - Danforth, ME

Julia-  I'm going to hope for gall bladder as it is laproscopic surgery and easy to fix.  I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Cindi

Connie D.
on 8/24/15 6:31 pm

Julia...I am so sorry you are suffering with this. I am very glad you are going into see your doctor tomorrow. 

It could be either food poisoning or the flu. It can be other conditions as well. It is best that you get in and get checked out tomorrow.

Please go to ER if you get worse tonight. We will be waiting to here the results...thanks!!

Sending prayers ...love and hugs....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 8/25/15 10:08 am - Evansville, IN

Can't begin to guess what it could be. I have not gone through this. I'm swinging chickens it is something small, but I don't think it is. Hopefully gall bladder ... do you have right pain? Or left shoulder pain? That can signal gall bladder. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

lightswitch
on 8/25/15 10:22 am

Julia,

I had problems with ulceration that began with me getting so sick every time I ate or drank anything...call your wls doctor.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views