It's FRIDAY!

seasheleyes
on 2/5/16 12:57 am - Manteca, CA

I haven't gone to bed yet...on the way now. I have been working very hard to clean up my craft room so that my friend Kim and I can spend a few hours crafting in there tomorrow. It is ready and functional now. I'm going to teach her how to crochet and we are also going to make Valentines and do some beading. Kim is a special Ed teacher that I used to work with in an elementary school. She has tomorrow off so we will enjoy a few hours of catching up as we craft.

After that my husband and I will meet another group of friends for Happy Hour.

I am still meditating and coloring every day. Oh, and Jeannie, I bought some veggie burgers yesterday to try. Judy, I think your insurance will cover your halo procedure... I was wondering if you have been having some bouts of heartburn...isn't that one of the things that cause the Barrett's esophagus? I had some polyps removed during my colonoscopy too...in fact I woke up during the colonoscopy and watched the doctor removing the biggest one....I remember commenting " that doesn't look too good..." And then saying "hey I'm not supposed to be awake." He ordered more drugs to put me out...I guess he didn't want to chat...anyway, I have to have another one in three years too...I'm hoping they will have a new procedure by then...

It's time for bed now...everyone check in now! 

Julia

lightswitch
on 2/5/16 5:17 am

Hey Julia,

You will love your veggie burgers. There are so many different kinds and brands that I am still working my way through. I love the Mediterranean and spicy black bean ones.  

I tried a new additive that I swear is the best food additive in the world. It can thicken sauces without flour or corn starch and it adds a flavor that is the best.  Some people use on their popcorn but I don't eat popcorn.  It's nutritional yeast or Nooch.  It takes a little bit to learn to use it but once you do, it is so freaking good and it adds a ton of protein and Vit B to the food.  

I am going to work on making it a cheese substitute.  I think it can be added in such a way that it resembles creamy cheese.  I just need to learn. I'll let everyone know. 

So, anyway, I am about to hit the road and head to work.  DH is back to normal. He woke up last night starving to death so I made him cabbage wrapped fish, sautéed squash, and roasted bell peppers, which he loved. And, he was alert and understood everything I told him about his colonoscopy...he said he doesn't remember anything about the procedure or even being in the recovery room. I guess that's good but he sure was confused...

Well I did something totally stupid last night. DH has the diabetic hot cocoa and so I made him a cup and was going to make me a cup too but I got distracted but went back and found the water was still hot so I put my powder in the cup, stirred it up, and went to the living room to enjoy a movie and let me just say, I couldn't believe how good that hot cocoa was and I drank about a half a cup and said, this doesn't even taste like diabetic cocoa and it has marshmallows in it and he said, no, mine didn't have marshmallows, so I said, wow, they must have some with and some without and after another sip my pouch began to flip and I knew I must have made a mistake and gotten the kids hot cocoa mix by mistake...I was too sick to even take my cup to the kitchen. I barely made it down the hallway and into bed before the room started spinning...DH brought me a sack and after what seemed an eternity, some of it came up but I was down for the count...I guess I still cannot tolerate sugary treats...sort of good.  It could have been the sugar and the milk. Those instant cocoas have powdered milk in them.  

Well, I am heading out...We had loaded oatmeal for breakfast and I feel every ounce of energy that comes from all those good energy producing products...I swear, nothing feels as good eating good and reaping the benefits--increased energy levels...yeah...Food tip for the day: Walnuts are the healthiest food known to man..or so says my nutritionists. I've had the same nutritionists since my bout with almost dying from an ulcerated pouch so I see her every six months to make sure I am doing okay and she is so pleased with my change in diet and we talked about my discovery of the nutritional yeast and walnuts.  All you need to do is eat a handful a day for cancer fighting nutrients and for pure...that is pure protein...better than any protein you can eat. Today, we had roasted walnuts on our oatmeal but this time I sprinkled a little Nooch on the nuts and I swear they tasted buttery...even though I cooked them with a little olive oil...

Now it's true...see you guys later. Have a good day; make healthy food choices; get up and walk a bit; and don't let the stress get to you...

Julia, if I lived closer to you, we could have weekly craft days...I'd love the hell out of that. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 7:24 am

Oatmeal is one of my favorite foods.  I eat the steel cut ones because I like the texture.  I add blueberries, bananas, and walnuts.  It is filling so I can't eat much but I enjoy that small amount very much.  Never heard of Nooch.  Where do you buy it?  How hard is it to learn to use it?

lightswitch
on 2/5/16 5:14 pm

Linda,

I get it at the health and organic food store.  It is very good to cook with.  Google nutritional yeast or NOOCH

seasheleyes
on 2/5/16 3:05 pm - Manteca, CA

A weekly craft day would be such fun Jeannie! We could visit and create and laugh....

Patricia R.
on 2/5/16 10:48 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Julia and OFF,

I am so tired, and I don't know why.

I had a hematology appointment this morning.  Colleen drove me.  I need to get the dishes done.  

Must scoot.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 2/5/16 12:36 pm - Cibolo, TX

Hello from Waco, dear sistas!

So today has been one of settling in.  Carrie and I went to the grocery store and Mama Bear is in charge of the kitchen now!  LOL!  I may not can do much, but I can feed my "girls" good food!

I forgot about the temperature differences between South and North Texas.  It runs about 10 degrees cooler here.  First thing I had to do last night was run to the mall and buy a warm robe!  Plus Carrie is 9 months pregnant and running as hot as a steam engine!  I do remember that.  So she keeps it pretty cool inside her house.  LOL!  I remember when I was 9 months pregnant with Christie and it was mid-July.  I had the AC cranked waaaay down!  Butch was sleeping under two blankets and I was lying on top of all the covers saying, "It's hot in here!"

So, Carrie's house is nice and clean.  Thank goodness she got that part done before I got here.  So we're going to be assembling baby furniture and setting up the nursery this weekend.  Also packing her bag for the hospital, etc.  This afternoon we're going to meet the pediatrician.  So a busy day, but right now we're just kicked back, watching the home shows.  

I'll let y'all know if anything "pops"!  LOL!  Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 2/5/16 1:31 pm

Hello Vickie....It sounds like you and Carrie have everything ready for Caralee. At least you will by the weekend !!

I am sure Carrie will love having you there taking charge of the cooking. At the stage she is in cooking is one of the last things she wants to do. I am sure she must be having a harder time getting around now. 

I am glad the cleaning was done so all you need to do is make Carrie comfortable and helping her get things ready for Caralee to arrive!! I am so excited for Carrie, you and everyone!! 

You be sure to get some good much needed sleep now....we remember how that changes!! With you there to help her with everything, Carrie won't have trouble getting up with Caralee. 

Love and many hugs to you....connie d

Connie D.
on 2/5/16 1:18 pm

Good afternoon Julia and everyone....

Julia...I love veggie burgers. The black bean is also my favorite. I eat them plain or in a lettuce wrap, in salads or add them to anything. They taste even better on the grill!!! I always have them on had. So quick and easy to make!

Enjoy  your day with your crafting friend!! Have a great time with your friends at happy hour.

I am glad you are still coloring. It sure does help me!!

Jeannie.......I too am interested in the product  "Nooch". I would love to try it. Where do you find yours? I hope it works for a cheese substitute. Let us all know what you think.

Glad your DH is back to normal thinking again! Sorry about your episode with the Cocoa!!

I love walnuts and keep some on hand at all times!!

Trish......sorry you are so tired. I hope you can get over that feeling soon. Don't be overdoing it. Healing goes faster with rest. Your dishes can wait if you need to sleep. 

As for me..... I finally got my insurance straightened out. The said they weren't going to cover my Psychiatrist and psychologist. They said that clinic was not in there network. Well hells bells about that. I made calls  and more calls. I had my insurance agent calling my clinic too. They finally called me today. Someone new at the clinic business office was entering in the wrong numbers. Every thing is all cleared up now. I still get to keep my psychiatrist and psychologist!!! I am so happy as I have been with them for many years!!! I didn't want to start over with anyone new!!

Now, I continue to pray for JUDY. I want her procedures covered as well. Those insurance companies try there best to not pay. Keep fighting it Judy!!  !!

I have a bear named Stormy. A special friend of mine, Tabb, bought it for me when I was going through the hardest part of my therapy. My child abuse memories.  I kept that bear. He has gone through some of the worst storms with me. I keep him on a shelf. He reminds me of how far I have come. I was chatting with Gracie last night. She is still so sad. I asked her if she would feel better if I sent Stormy to her to cuddle. She said, "yeah, he makes everything better"!! So boxed up he is!! I will get it mailed out Monday and she will get it Tuesday. She is so happy!! Gracie needs Stormy more now then I do!! I really hope it works!!

My driver Fran stopped over yesterday. I had canceled shopping Tuesday because of the storm. She brought me a beautiful sympathy card and a bouquet of flowers. Fran is so sweet. She knew I was so sad over losing Kippley. She is so good to me. If I said this before please bare with me.

Time for me to watch a movie and relax. The dropping temps have been making me hurt more. Mostly in my back, hips, knees and ankles. Makes it hard to walk.  I sent a message to my doctor to send a RX for the pain. I let her know I wasn't any longer on the RX she had put me on. She may wait to see me next Thursday. Could be a tough weekend!

Prayers for our sweet OFF Family and their families. Special prayers are needed for some. 

Have a good evening....love and hugs to all....connie d   

carlak
on 2/5/16 1:50 pm - Bradenton, FL

I have been busy today! Besides being mad at Carl about the breaks on my car because he thinks they aren't broke and they are! I alsost totaled our car today cause if it! I came home yelling at him! I point blank told him I wont drive that blankety blank car till he gets new brakes and rotters on it! I'll drive my truck!

Anyway I'm safe and so is the car!

I met a new crosstitch friend for lunch. It was like we new each other for ever!!!

Anyway I finally convinced him to fix it when I'm in Chicago!!!

Men can't live with and can't live without them!!!

So that was my crazy day!

Carla

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 390 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1194 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1202 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!